Neglected Game Exchange

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by TJOmega, Oct 12, 2009.

1. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Recently me and a friend were having a discussion about games just collecting dust on our shelves, ones we've bought or been given for gifts that never really made it into a console. Now I know a lot of gamers that do that (Vangelus, seriously, play Shadow of the Colossus already) but my friend seemed particularly upset when I mentioned Resident Evil 4 was one of mine. Likewise, I got annoyed when he said he had Okami, possibly my favorite PS2 game, but never really played it. So we made an agreement, he plays Okami and I play RE4, which I just finished the main story mode of and thoroughly enjoyed. Made it a lot easier knowing someone else was finally paying attention to one of their neglected games with me.

Has anyone else ever tried this or is willing to give it a shot? I feel awful having such good games in my collection and doing nothing with them at all, but this was a fun way to share a new game experience with another gamer and see how they liked one of my own favorites.

2. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    My neglected games include: RE4, Fallout3, FF8, FF9, FF10, Silent Hill 2 &3

3. Noizemaze

Noizemaze Ken

News Credits:
    I just started playing Assassins Creed after it sat on my shelf for months. I also haven't started Shadow Complex yet, even though I bought it on release day. Nor have I finished Okami, though, I got that one on the Wii.

4. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

Most of my neglected game are crap, but I do have a few gems I havn't played and feel like an a-hole for it.

Uncharted being one of them :redface2: 

5. TJOmega

News Credits:
    For the record my other neglected games are Ace Combat 5, Final Fantasy 10-2, Gun, Devil May Cry 3, Suikoden 4, Disgaea 2 (though that I just got and I want to beat #1 first), Star Ocean Till The End of Time, Final Fantasy 12, Tekken 5... by neglected I've played less than 15% of each of those, a couple none at all.

6. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

ill say PN-03 for the GCN and FF12.
    i dont know why i neglect them.

SotC is awesome. Vangelus, play it. and Twin Twist, FINISH IT, dont think i forgot that thread. o_O 

7. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dig Dug.

Just kidding.

Most of my PS2 collection that i acquired in 2007 has been abandoned.
    i haven't even really wanted a NextGen console.

8. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

The Pile of shame is high.

9. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

i've seen Twists pile of shame! he's a hoarder!

10. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

I am!

11. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

I eventually get to everything in my pile of shame. EVENTUALLY. It may take me a couple of years, but eventually a lull will hit and afford me time to go back.

12. mrhillz

mrhillz Changed his user title. TFW2005 Supporter

Well, I played through COD 4 after sitting on my shelf for maybe a year. I have a few that I need to play though still - Bioshock, Mass Effect, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Blue Dragon.

13. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

With my PS2 there were a few games towards the end I just never got around to really playing. Armored Core: Last Raven springs to mind, which I never started since I wanted to beat AC: Nexus first (which I never did). As does FFXII, which I did start, but really didn't enjoy from what little I played. The first guy you control was too annoying for me to really get behind and play any further into. Okami is a game I did play a lot, but never really finished, so I should eventually get back to that as well.

But with the PS3, I found myself at least beating the entire story mode for most of the games I've gotten at the very least. I mean the only games I can think of that I started and never beat were Assassin's Creed, Heavenly Sword and Lair. All three I traded in to get Batman: AA. In fact the only PS3 game I bought and never played so far is the Orange Box...just never got around to it. But since I got it cheap, it never really bugged me.

I found myself starting second playthroughs and just giving up mid way a lot more though. Usually because the "next big thing" has come out and I get into that. With most games nowadays having some form of replayability (new modes, online play, new game+ etc) I kinda feel bad about moving on so fast from one game to the other. I still have my Hard Mode in Uncharted half done, never did the evil path in Infamous, never finished making a stage in LBP and most of my Batman AA challenges are untouched.

Yet here I am, planning to get three more new, awesome games, which would leave Valkyria Chronicles, TF:RotF MP and Fat Princess behind much like all my other old games.

14. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I read this as I take a break from finally playing god of war 2. after I finish it, I'll finally be playing okami, the game my wife said I have to play before I even THINK about ever receiving a game as a gift from her again. as it stands, the only "next gen" games I've played are modern warfare, portal, and tomb raider unleashed, all on the pc. I just got a ps3 a few weeks ago when they brought out the slim. I can't even begin to list the 360/pc ports that I've piled up and haven't touched yet.

so yes, I know this well.

15. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    I am very disappoint.

16. TJOmega

News Credits:
    I agree with your wife, that game must be played!

17. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    atm mine is Just Cause I played it a little the day I boiught it but then started playing others that I had recently bought/rented and now havnt played it or even touched it in weeks