NEFARIOUS #2 Info

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Jan 31, 2010.

1. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Simon Furman has updated his blog to let us in on some details from the upcoming IDW comic series, Transformers : NEFARIOUS.

Spoiler Warning :

Highlight below to see

Furman says... "As promised (in the previous Updates post), here’s my long overdue Script (W)rap for Transformers: Nefarious #2, the official comic book sequel to Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. This issue brings Optimus Prime fully into the fray, as The Initiative (the ultra-secret human organization at the heart of the mysterious Project: Nefarious… although when #1 comes out in March, it’ll be that much less mysterious) seek to distract, delay or stop entirely Soundwave’s investigations into the resurrection of Ravage. The all-seeing, all-knowing Decepticon is getting a mite too close to unwrapping the enigma that is The Initiative and, rather than engage directly (as they did in #1), they opt to pit faction against faction in the Utah Salt Flats. Soundwave’s strike team of Dirt Boss, Brakedown and Reverb mix it up with Ironhide, Sideswipe and the forces of NEST, but—as you’d expect—the sparks really fly when Soundwave and Optimus Prime go head-to-head! Meanwhile, National Security Adviser Theodore Galloway gets a whiff of Nefarious too. And, for him, that might just be terminal! Artist Carlos Magno is turning in the most lipsmacking art on this series, complemented by Kris Carter’s superlative colours. I’m so psyched about this series — I hope you guys will be too! More soon… and that’s a promise."

For the original post visit : SCRIPT (W)RAP – NEFARIOUS #2 simon furman
    Spoilers a plenty. You are warned :wink: 

:bay 

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hopefully Soundwave will play a larger role/have more screentime in TF3, which it sounds like he might based on his prominence in these comics.

3. Tkemert20

Tkemert20 「Dojyaaa~n」 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sweet! The Scouts Are Getting The Comic Treatment!

4. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Glad they're bringing back Galloway, hope they don't kill him off though! Sounds like they might. Also hope Furman makes Soundwave erm, bigger, he's supposedly 22 ft. tall, which would be disappointingly short.

5. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Art looks awesome.

6. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

These comics are a waste....too bad when TF3 finally hits, it will completely discount or ignore any action that has transpired, and any mythology built upon in these comics. It happened with TF1's "official" comic book sequel Reign of Starscream, and the ROTF prequels Alliance and Defiance. It'll happen again.

Not wasting my money on these pieces of shit anymore.

7. hupla

hupla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So just because the movie chooses to ignore fiction they are shit? Thats dumb/

8. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

Not as dumb as making "Official" sequels that contradict the "official" movie-universe....

9. hupla

hupla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You might not like that they dont follow the Cannon close enough but that doesnt make the quality of the comics any worse. Not to say you arent allowed to not like them, but reign of Starscream is a great series thats quality isnt lessened because some things in it dont add up with ROTF.

10. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

I'll be honest, I read a lot of comics...and to call the rubbish in any of the movie related comic books "quality" is absurd imo.

But to each their own.

11. hupla

hupla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I read a ton of comics too and still think Reign of Starscream is a great read, alot of the other stuff like the official adaptations and Tales of the fallen are pretty bad but im not going to assume nefarious will be bad just because the 3rd movie may retcon the entire story.

And no matter how bad the comics are they are still better than RotF ;) 

But like you said, to each his own

12. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Wow, Soundwave vs. Prime, that will be promising.

13. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    So this is Reign of Soundwave? How original. Sounds like they just substituted Screamer with Wave... RoS was good tho... so I may read this.

14. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    I've given up on movie comics. I'll probably just get the trades eventually.

Bay doesn't care what happens in the comics. Whatever IDW do, it won't have any basis on what he does for the next movie.

And on a similar note, sometimes the comics have to be written months in advance before the movie is released using unfinished scripts. Of course there's no excusing comics which were written after the movie had been released.

15. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ditto. Trades read better anyway like "All Hail Megatron".

16. Rquiem

Rquiem Dutchbot

News Credits:
    I dont care for the comics, non of them. So i'd like stable continuity in the movies. Unlike that barricade ending, where the producers litterly said ïf you want to know what happend read the comics. Hate that cross selling stuff. Either sell the movie as a whole or dont bother at all.

17. OriginalScream

OriginalScream Well-Known Member

You have got to be effing kidding me. I pray that Galloway gets what he deserved in the last movie: getting crushed and squashed like the bug he is.

Boy, I have issues.

18. megatronski

megatronski PURGE THE HERETIC

News Credits:
    Where is Megatron? Shouldnt he be here?

19. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm looking forward to reading this series and seeing Soundwave take center stage. I was a bit disappointed with his limited role in ROTF. Hopefully, this means he'll get a larger role in TF3.