Needing some expert advice

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by sandman1977, Mar 6, 2007.

1. sandman1977

sandman1977 New Member

I have a lot of transformers that I am going to sell to someone that I had met, but i need to find out how much money this stuff is worth. Any ideas on where to go, alot of it is G1 stuff.

2. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Have you looked on eBay to see what current auctions for the same toys are going for?

3. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You could pick up a Toyfare magazine. They don't put a G1 guide in every month but they do every now and then They give you a mint price and a loose price. I find that sometimes they appraise stuff a little high but it is a good guideline. The bottom line though is how much are they willing to pay.

4. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I'd agree with Foster....I'd suggest getting on ebay and seeing on average how much the specific Transformer you're trying to sell goes for...probably a lot more research than you want but it's the best way to do it. Good luck!

5. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

The thing with ebay is that you'll more often then not find things priced so differently you won't be able to get a good judge on it's value. That and you usually can't see the final prices via the search on stuff once bidding ends.

I suggest scanning through different price guides, be they online or in magazines. I think last month's issue of toyfare had a TF price guide, it's the one with the movie Prime on the cover iirc. And of course you can always look online for one, though you'll also get price guides for model railroad transformers. But picking up an official book might be your best bet for accurate pricing.

6. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Pretty much, just check out the auction sites like eBay, and you should get an idea what the toys are worth.

7. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    eBay is definitely a good place to look. it shows how much people are paying for things, not how much they're actually worth.