Need your advise please Help!!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by convoymagnus, Jan 26, 2009.

1. convoymagnus

convoymagnus Yeshua Is Mashiach.

Ebay:
    Just won an ebay auction for an "Encore metroplex MISB" from Spencer from the former 3ages&Up, I was happy to see I had won the auction and the relatively cheap price of $50.00 did not make me doubt as i was looking at all his items ending in a very cheap price.

My surprise was when I was about to pay when i saw at that point that in the item description the seller states IT IS NOT TAKARA,I admit I did not read the description of the Item, but the title clearly stated "Encore Metroplex MISB Scramble city". Now with the real Metroplex being available for around $30.00 more I do not want to spend the $66.00 it will be shipped what should I do?????

here is the link to the item:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=200300851899

2. NormanB

NormanB Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Contact the seller and offer to pay his final value fees to back out of the auction. See what he says. If he accepts, great. If not, then you pretty much have to choose between paying for it and chocking it up to a learning experience, or else taking the negative feedback.

PS-

Advise - VERB
    Advice - NOUN

3. Da_Last_2_Walk

Da_Last_2_Walk Da King Of Pre Rubs TFW2005 Supporter

Are you still a KO lover?

You bought the item without reading the description!

Contact the buyer and explain what happened. If this is a KO, it should not be sold on ebay. This is exactly why I started my KO thread. If KOs weren't on ebay, you wouldn't be in the situation that you are now.

BTW, you can't get a negative feedback from the seller. However you can leave negative feedback, and the seller probably won't risk their nice 100% feedback over an item they can easily sell to somebody else.

4. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    Two sides here:

1 - You should always read ALL of the description, and ask questions about anything that isn't clear, BEFORE bidding.

Caveat Emptor=Buyer beware.

2 - The auction is mis-leading. The pic and title are for one item (Encore), the description for another (KO).

You could report the auction, as KO's are no longer allowed on ebay.

Contact Spencer, from his posts, he seems like a decent guy, see what he says.

Sellers can't leave negs.

This should be in the 'TF on ebay' thread.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  5. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

Apparently that auction has been pulled, or at least I can't see it.

Yes, they shouldn't sell KOs on eBay, but it's still entirely your fault for not reading the whole entire description. Hell, if I'm gonna spend $50, I'm going to make damn sure I'm getting the real thing! You should pay it, since it's your fault.

6. NormanB

NormanB Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I guess that tells you how long it's been since I sold something on ebay!

I used to leave scathing feedback for people who didn't come through on a bid.

7. convoymagnus

Ebay:
    Well it seems that ebay has cancelled the listing, this is what i expected to happen even before I posted this thread, because on last friday happened exactly the same thing with one of the KO mirages I bought, When I was about to pay, the listing got cancelled, but I needed to hear some of your ideas.

This does not makes me happy because it shows two things:

1-Our KO hunting down has forced the sellers to disguise even more the KOs as they know that they will have their listings cancelled if they clearly state they are not official products.

2-I stated that I did not read the Item description, and that is true,but what if I knew it was the KO version, like on friday when I knew the wheeljack was a ko and same as today the item listing was cancelled after i won it?

Sellers are being screwed, buyers are being screwed, all because of the KO hunting.

8. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

Wait... you're blaming those who are REPORTING ko's for this?????

You... you... you just fell for a KO seller's trap, and you're blaming the people who are trying to put these crooks out of business????????????

You know what, you deserve to lose your money.

9. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

*head asplode*
    Best. Logic. EVER. "I've got screwed by someone selling knockoffs, and it's all the fault of the people trying to stop them!" I have images of you shooting at police officers for trying to arrest the man who burgled your house.

10. convoymagnus

Ebay:
    Do not take me wrong, I am not blaming the ones who report the KOs, because I know thet their intentions are GOOD, i just mean that maybe we(and I include myself) should fight not for them to be obliterated from the face of earth, but instead to make them play a clean game, if you are selling a KO, State clearly that it is a KO, if someone buys it he or she should be able to know what is being acquired since the very first moment. Because All of the KOs I have have been acquired Knowing exactly what i am acquiring, and this is the first time I am deceived, what it bugged me was not the fact of buying a KO(if i wanted to buy the KO version) but the fact of fall in a deception of buying something i did not mean to buy, because the seller instead of stating clearly in the title it was a reproduction, stated it was the "encore" version, Dunno it is a little complex!

11. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

That's ignoring all the valid reasons for wanting people to stop selling illegal merchandise.

12. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

I stand by my original statement.