Need to sell part of my collection... how much is this worth?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by CripNite, Apr 15, 2009.

1. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

My fiancee and I have hit some financial woes and need to liquidate some of our posessions in order to make ends meet. I'm thinking of selling off some of my Transformers (which she doesn't want me to do) in order to bridge this gap and find some smooth sailings again.

I have loose, but complete and in excellent shape, the entire mold-runs of RiD, Armada and Energon (mold-runs meaning 1 of every mold except where noted, and repaints of a few). Of course, these include cardbacks, boxes, instructions and whatever else came with them (mini-comics, cards etc). These are MOSTLY Canadian release (several were ordered off of BBTS, though, so American release in those cases and an odd Japanese release or two such as Superlink Wingsaber). There are no plastic bubbles/inserts for anything, and no cardboard inserts for the boxed figures. These all come from a smoke free home and and are adult-owned.

RiD (Nothing released after Armada's start with the RiD name, only the original run, which is mold complete. Notables include X-Brawn and Prowl are the "Supercharged" versions, Galvatron is included, NOT Megatron (same mold in North America, only paint is different), Fortress Maximus and Rail Racer are Korean reissues, which are in par in quality, Spychangers have several repaints and clear editions, all are MOC.

Armada (Complete Mold Run, except for remold Sparkplug. Notable repaints include Hot Shot, Demolisher and Thundercracker and one team of Minicons (Night Attack Team), which are MOC. Beast remolds included).

Energon (Complete Mold Run, Notable repaints include Armada Tidal Wave, Superion and Bruticus are Japanese release Giftsets, and Wingsaber is the Superlink release).

So yeah, I'm not selling these yet, but I want a ballpark on how much each series is worth. If there are any questions, feel free to post in this thread and I'll see what I can answer.

Thanks. (Sorry if this should go in Junkion, but I didn't want to sell these yet and didn't want to clutter up that forum when I wasn't selling).

2. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sorry to hear that you might have to sell those figures :( 

I am no expert, but having seen similar questions asked here before, I think you'll be asked;

Are you selling them as a lot?
    If you are selling them separately will you sell me *insert rarer figures*? (That's if you aren't getting PMs already :D )

Anyway, if you are selling them as a lot, you will probably be better off offering them to vendors such as BBTS. Otherwise it'll be hard to find buyers regardless of the price.

If you are selling them separately, aside from some sought after ones, most of them won't go over their retail price even with packaging.

These are the ones I think are sought after figures, hope someone will correct me and put the price on them?

RiD/Sonokong Car Robot;
    Brave Max
    Scourge
    D-con Scourge (?)
    Prime (?)
    Magnus (?)
    Not sure about Sonokong JRX, I don't think he goes for as much as RiD Rail Racer.

Armada;
    Starscream
    Tidal Wave

Energon;
    Wing Saber
    Shockblast
    I think the most popular Energon figures are repaints (Ultra Magnus, Beachcomber) and I assume you don't have those?

3. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

Yeah, I intend to sell as lots as I really don't want to spend the time nickel and diming over individual figures. RiD Rail Racer never came out as a gift set, only the separate trains (Takara's JRX might have though, I'm not sure). I don't have the Energon repaints you mentioned as I had almost completely absolved from purchasing repaints. As an aside, Energon had several homages to G1 as it was put out during TF's 20th' anniversary, and thusly had many popular original figures that weren't repaints.

4. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    youll get good money if you have Energon Beachcomber and Magnus same with Superlink Wing Saber

5. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I bought a lot last summer and started selling it around september right before the economy tanked. From my experience the repaints are actually the big sellers (Energon Unicron, Ultra Magnus, Galvatron, Armada Superlink Cyclonus, Demolisher, Hotshot). What I would do if I were you would be to sell off the handful of big ticket items and then offer the lot to BBTS.

Other good values - Energon Shockblast, Energon Wing Saber

6. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

On the other side of the coin, you will find that you might not even get half original retail for some figures, like say Energon Ironhide.

7. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

I think you'll be hard pressed to find someone willing to purchase as a big lot. Sadly, many people are in the same boat with finances........damn recession. You'll probably get better offers/sales if they are sold a peices.

In that respect, it is very hard to give "ballpark" quotes on value.