Need to replace MP-01 Smokestack

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tell_Story, May 18, 2008.

1. Tell_Story

Tell_Story Well-Known Member

I was out at an awesome concert last night (Phil Keaggy) and when I got back home I found that someone knocked my music stand into my humidor which Prime and Megs were standing on. Prime was not in his original position (holding a Papal flag - funny right? "Catholicism is the right of all sentient beings!" :0) and on closer inspection noticed that the left smokestack was snapped off.

I have found two replacement sites, agesthreeandup.com is the only one that sells it chromed, then there's marks projects. Before I drop an order I wanted to see if anyone had suggestions.

Thanks!

2. wipeyourfeet

wipeyourfeet Winner of the Internet

News Credits:
    I got a set of eBay for about $5 shipped. Dunno if that helps or if agesthreeandup do it cheaper.

3. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    i got mine from agesthreeand up, nice repros, makes my 20th prime look sweet. but they took forever getting to me

4. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 TFWM SUCK!!!!!

News Credits:
    It's a easy fix and you can find them pretty cheap on ebay

5. LordStanley1893

LordStanley1893 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I ordered the ones from A3U and they are fantastic. I'd recommend those ones (shipping is cheap too).

6. Tell_Story

Thanks guys! I haven't noticed any on ebay, so I might just A3U it up!

7. Tell_Story

So I got my A3U Smokestacks and I'm not happy. They're not as shiny as the original, they are slightly thicker, I was sent two right stacks and the spring lost it's snap on both. The chrome must be applied a little too thick. I may try to take a little out and see if it losens them up a bit.

Does anyone know if the ones sold on EBAY in the black box are made by Takara? There is a you tube video up with those and they didn't lose their snap. IMO the shinier skinnier stacks look much better.

8. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I bought replacements off Ebay two years ago that are metal and (supposedly) nickel-plated. They look awesome, they were $10 and they came really fast. I can't remember the seller though.

9. Tell_Story

Yeah right now on EBAY they're going for $ 24.99 with $10.00 shipping. I don't think they look that much better. They have the shine, but not the stream line.

10. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Are the the stacks not the same? As in there are no right and left ones?

I remember the site says something about the size and that they will fit tightly. I didn't really like the look of them so I passed. I bought the ones in the black box for $1 like a year ago, plus $2 shipping from Japan. They are NOT made by Hasbro or Takara, just repros.

Yes mine still "snap" back into place. There are three scenarios that could be going on with yours:

A) You reassembled the shoulder wrong by not putting the spring in the proper spot. I did this at first, than had to take it apart and do it again.

B) The hole in the stack is too tight to move around the peg it sits on in the shoulder.

C) The metal stacks are too heavy for the spring to push.

Good luck fixing it man.

11. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    I got a set right around the time of the 07 BotCon. There was a slight mix-up I'm assuming because of the Con, but as soon as I emailed them they were super quick to fix it. Highly recomed A3U's set!