need to know the rest of the movies after G1

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by damgon, Sep 28, 2009.

1. damgon

damgon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    guys, i am 40 yr. old, an after seeing the 2 movies in the theaters, i was i little lost with the characters. so, my Friend had this box that came directly from Japan it had season #1 had 4 disk, season #2 it had 12 disk, season #3 it had 8 disk and movie, G1 . i really wanted to know the hole story of the transformers. i learned a little bit but i need more. i will like to see if you guys can help me out. i need to know in order and how many season, and episodes in each disk, after G1, like Armada, Cybertron, Eregon....
    thank you very much. O, a norther thing, i will like to put some thing in My Profile picture instead of that stupid EBAY logo. can you send me some transformers logos, or photos it doesn't mater something cool.

2. Noise Maker

Noise Maker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The movies aren't connected to G1. It's a different universe. Like Movie Optimus isn't the same as G1 Optimus.

3. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Ok, first. I have a hard time believing you're 40 if you type like that.

Second, TF Wiki

Third, the new movie isn't even remotely connected to G1

Last, search Transformers Avatars on Google, or go over to the Radicons section and make a request.

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    A good number of people over 40 aren't computer savvy. At least the member is respectfully asking for help :wink: 

5. $shockwave$

$shockwave$ Banned

News Credits:
    I still use spell check sometimes to make sure I type right. :lol 

6. damgon

damgon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    sorry for the misspelling, what you expect from a Puerto Rican. i just want is some help on something so simple.
    does it mater what age i am ? come on!!!!!

7. $shockwave$

$shockwave$ Banned

News Credits:
    I think you already got your answers in the first or second post.

8. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Well hi there.
    For starters I would go to the Transformers Wiki - TFWiki.net link that was sent to you earlier. But here is a quick break down of the different universes in the Transformers.

-G1, Beast Wars, and Beast Machines
    -Robots in Disguise
    -Armada Energon and Cybertron
    -Bayformers
    -TF Animated

9. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    There also Shattered Glass (The Twisted Verison of G1), and Transtech both are for TCC only.

10. Obi

Obi rhymes with epididymus

You don't need to know anything about any of the other parallel universes (Generation 1, Robots in Disguise, Unicron Trilogy, Animated, or the Japanese exclusive G1 sequels for that matter) to understand the live-action movies. But if you want to get deeper knowledge about the universe that the live-action movies take place in, there's a number of books and comics that take place before and after each one.

It would basically go something like:
    Transformers: Defiance (comic series) -> Transformers: Official Movie Prequel (comic series) -> Ghosts of Yesterday (book) -> Transformers 2007 (movie) -> Reign of Starscream (comic series) -> Transformers: Alliance (comic series) -> The Veiled Threat (book) -> Tales of the Fallen* (comic series) -> Revenge of the Fallen (movie) -> Transformers: Nefarious (comic series that isn't out yet)

*this one actually has a story that takes place after RotF (Ravage's story)

There's also a few Target exclusive comics but they kind of contradict some of the other stories, and there are a few British exclusive comics but they also contradict certain parts of the movie universe.

If you do want to know more about the other universes though, you can browse TFWiki and read a ton of episode summaries, or get the DVDs (nearly every series has them except RID), watch them online, etc. G1 is basically the most convoluted, but it boils down to the fact that while the original cartoon ended in 1987 in the west, a bunch of sequels were made for it in Japan that were never dubbed. So there's a western-specific cartoon universe and a Japanese-specific cartoon universe with extra shows. And then there are a whole ton of G1 comics that exist in their own universes that have nothing to do with the original cartoon (1980s Marvel G1 comic, 1990s G2 comic, early 2000s Dreamwave G1 comic, late 2000s IDW G1 comic, and a whole slew of Japanese comics that take place in the Japanese cartoon universe but not the American one; except for the Henkei comics, those are Japanese G1 comics that take place in their own universe).

Sorry if that was a lot, but if you don't know anything but the basics about Transformers then browsing through TFWiki might be a bit daunting.

11. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

When I became a fan of Transformers again, I hardly knew anything about them. I have always been a casual fan since Beast Wars, but only recently did I start buying the toys nad watching more of the shows again. The way I learned more was by visting TFWiki.net, and picking up little tidbits of info here and there on that site. It is very helpful and you will soon learn a bit more. :D 

12. damgon

damgon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    how hard was that! thanks for the info i will look in to the TFWiki.net. i just need it some direction, thank you. i will think twice of posting or asking a question next time.

13. Kraken2009

Kraken2009 Megatron's Right Hand

Eh, don't worry, sometimes people just get attacked. I had a terrible day on here today. :banghead: 

Can't see why.......aren't we all Transformers fans?

14. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    If any of you feel "attacked", simply use "the report bad post" under the person's handle of the post in question. Rule #1 is always in effect. Members would do well to read and obey the rules :) 

damgon, I hope you are able to not only find the information you seek, but make some friends here along the way. The friends I've made on this board have been some of the best ever. Everyone starts somewhere :) 

15. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Something I would love to see more of is people who have nothing uses full or constructive to add to a thread just not post. This guy came here looking for help and some of you acted like stuck up snobs and made the rest of the board look bad until Obi and others actually where helpful. I say thank you to those guys and hope Damgon's opinion of this place hasn't been totally tainted.

16. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    You know your question was answered within the first two posts.

Doesn't seem like a "how hard was that" kinda moment to me really.

Also, don't let a couple rude replies turn you off the forums, most people are generally more polite and helpful. As for those that aren't, gotta have thick skin if you're gonna use the internet.

17. damgon

damgon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    sorry, i didn't realize that you have answer my question in the firth 2 treads, i was expecting a list like Chaos Prime. thank you.

18. John_Force

John_Force 16xNHRA Funny Car Champ TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Glad TFW2005 could help you out, damagon

19. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    I apologize if my post came off as rude, I can sometimes be a little snippy unintentionally once in a while.

But that can be the case with a lot of people around here, most of them are really nice even if first impressions aren't the best.

20. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    If you wanna carry on after season 4 of US G1, then it could be an option to watch the Japanese continuations:

Headmasters
    Masterforce
    Victory

They're pretty good, can be purchased as subbed boxset or watched online at youtube etc

I would recommend watching Beast Wars and Beast Machines as well. Pretty cool 90's toons.