Need Tips for Selling Collection

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by slugslinger2004, May 1, 2007.

1. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This isn't one of those "I'm leaving the fandom forever and selling all my stuff" threads. I really just want to downsize my collection for family reasons. I've got a little more than 300 Transformers and probably somewhere between 20-50 other robot toys from various toylines. I only really buy stuff I want and don't buy doubles or repaints, so its a tough choice for me to make, but I wanted someone else's opinion on some of the stuff I'm thinking of selling.

G1 Marvel comics- issues 1-44. I know I probalby won't get that much for these, as I attempted to sell them a while ago on ebay for $30 shipped

TF Energon - Only have 3 deluxe autobots and nearly all of the decepticons, minus leader class Megatron.

Armada minicons - all teams except the adventure team

Cybertron - Metroplex, Hotshot and Evac (have more but can't think of them right now)

Micromasters- I probably have around 50 + the bases like Countdown and Groundshaker
    MIB 16 S Reissue Megatron
    MIB 22 Reissue Starscream
    MISB Hasbro reisssue Dirge
    MISB Hasbro Primus
    Beast Machines Supreme Cheetor (yeah I know)

Alternators
    Smokescreen, Grimlock, Windcharger (with black barrel), Sideswipe, Mirage, Sunstreaker, Meister (I think I have a couple more stashed somewhere)

Other bots
    MIB J-Decker
    MIB Duke Fire
    MIB Reissue Da Garn X
    Master Action Braves (Gaogaigar, Gaofighgar, Great Exkaiser, Great Fighbird, Great Baan Gaan)
    Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad Servo
    MISB SSSS Zenon

I know its alot of crap, and alot of it is not the best, but any help would be appreciated. (Just to clarify I HAVE NOT decided what I'm going to sell yet)

2. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    PM'ed for the Meister

edit; oops, jumped the gun and didn't read the entire post. In either case, let me know what your decision is when you make it.

3. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    TF Energon - Only have 3 deluxe autobots and nearly all of the decepticons, minus leader class Megatron.
    - If you have a complete combiner, I'd sell that alone on eBay. (Constructicons = $25ish, Bruticus = $50+)
    - If you have a Galvatron, I'd sell that alone on eBay. (estimated value, $50+)
    - If you have a Shockblast, I'd sell that alone in the Junkion Exchange. (estimated value, $15)
    - I'd bundle the rest as a lot and cross my fingers.

Cybertron - Metroplex, Hotshot and Evac (have more but can't think of them right now)
    - I'd put Evac on eBay. (estimated value, $40+)
    - Metroplex, Hotshot = Junkion Exchange (estimated value, a little under half the MSRP)

MIB 16 S Reissue Megatron
    MIB 22 Reissue Starscream
    MISB Hasbro reisssue Dirge
    MISB Hasbro Primus

- Megatron = not allowed on eBay, so off to the Junkion Exchange. (estimated value, $65 to $70 ... the TFC06 reissue reissue killed the market)

- D22 Starscream = eBay and hope for the best. (estimated value, $40)

- If the Primus is in a completely mint box, off to eBay. The ones on there are typically bashed up. Make sure to sell the "MINT" factor. (estimated value, $50 to $60 on a mint box)

- If the Primus is in a wrecked box (typical Wal-Mart condition), then you're getting closer to $25 to $30 in value.

Alternators
    Smokescreen, Grimlock, Windcharger (with black barrel), Sideswipe, Mirage, Sunstreaker, Meister (I think I have a couple more stashed somewhere)

Smokescreen = $8 (junkion exchange)
    Grimlock = $25+ (eBay)
    Windcharger = $12 (junkion exchange)
    Sideswipe = $8 (junkion exchange)
    Mirage = $40+ (eBay)
    Sunstreaker = $12 (junkion exchange)
    Meister = $15 (eBay or junkion exchange)

The rest, I'm not sure about. For any figure, it's best to search eBay's completed listings to gauge a fair market value. Don't expect to get top dollar everytime though. Keep your expectations closer to an average completed listing price.