Customs: Need suggestions for webpage for my customs, thanks!

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by SentinelPrime, Dec 9, 2009.

1. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
    Hi there. Thanks for stopping in.

I need a suggestion or two.

I need a dedicated page for displaying my work. I've just been using a myspace page, but I really want something else.

I don't know enough HTML or have enough time to have a scratch built dedicated page, so I was wondering what a good alternative could be.

I've seen a few folks using Deviantart, which I haven't actually checked out.

I'd appreciate any tips on this, you gais.

Thanks for your time!

2. ^o^CORVUS^o^

^o^CORVUS^o^ You call on me to solve a crooked rhyme

Ebay:
    Given your situation, I highly suggest using Deviantart.

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
  4. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

There are HTML tutorials everywhere anyway. A CSS book wouldn't hurt, though.

5. wylungz

wylungz Well-Known Member

i learned how to make a decent webpage in college a couple years ago with no previous experience and got a A+ in my class and actually did the best lol (no joke).. its pretty easy if u get a good book to help you out and fool around with it.

you can probably learn it really good in a couple of weekends. but for getting a free hosting ya i have no idea lol i guess wat everyone else said =P i've been thinking of making my own website to display my stuff too just for fun

6. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

i'm a web designer by trade, whilst i'm quite expensive to actually hire (plus my employers would shoot me in the face if i was moonlighting!) and very very busy, i'm more than happy to answer any questions you have about making the site. drop me a PM if you have any specific questions and i'll try to answer :) 

as for hosting, there are a lot of free hosts out there but you might aswell just pay $10 or whatever it costs for the absolute bare-bones package from godaddy or whoever you bought your domain through, less hassle than messing about with free hosts.

if you are a complete skinflint, check out blogger. yes it's a crappy old blog site but you can host images on photobucket and link them easilly enough. wouldn't recommend google sites for what you want.

7. jamspeed

jamspeed Follow me on Instagram _jamspeed_

Ebay:
    Make a blog, like on Blogspot or Wordpress. It's very easy and free, you can check mine out below. I wouldn't mess with free webs or similar sites as they put giant dumb ads on your page.