Need somethings explained

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Optimusfiretruck, Aug 8, 2006.

1. Optimusfiretruck

Optimusfiretruck Decepitcon Squad Leader

I just needing some help. I dont know much about TF but love them.
    Where do old megs and BW megs connect? same guy? or was it like his clone or what have you?

In Cybertron:TF when Vector Prime in one of the first Eps Explains about the Cyber keys isnt that OP standing there in his g1 robot form? So does that mean OP was there i the begining. At a closer look isnt Megs there to?

anyway I was confused on how they went from Old regular Megs to BW megs. and then the other versions of him.

also in BW what was up with everyone combining with there old selfs. like Prime and primal made Optimus Optimal or something like that. The whole BW confused me like hell.

2. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    Welcome to the boards. Have you been a fan for a long time and just stated getting back into Transformers?

Anyway, the Megatron from the 1984 series, G1, is the original. Beast Wars/Beast Machines Megatron took his name form the Covenant of Primus, basically the Transformers Bible. Beast Megatron is a descendant of the original, the same thing basically goes for Primal. When Primal merged with Prime and later the two Megatrons merged it was not with themselves but their namesakes. The newer Prime and Megatron are from an alternate reality, based on the original cartoon and toys in name only. If you read comics this may help, it is like the Captain America from the Ultimate comics is not the same as the Captain America from the original comics and in the Avengers and Civil War comics.

3. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    It was confusing because you thought they were the same. G1 Prime and BW Primal are different charcters. Same with Megatron. The BW characters are supposed to be several hundred years later. Megatron just named himself after G1 Megatron. The BW characters went back in time and were on earth during the 4 million years the G1 TFs were dormant in the volcano. All that spark play was what powered up the BW leaders. RID, Armada, Energon, and Cybertron are in a different universe than G1 and BW. They like resetting the continuity so as to avoid having to try to tie it in.

I'd have given a more detailed explanation, but this was all I had time for. I hope it helped.

4. Deathx360

News Credits:
    Basically what Insane Galvatron and myself have stated. The original series is now call Generation One, G1. Beast Wars involves Transformers from at least three hundred years after the Autobots defeated Decepticons in the original series. The Beast Wars Megatron stole the Golden Disk and traveled back in time, but I guess you now that already as well as that the events in Beast Wars takes place between the first commercial break of the first Transformers episode. The events of Beast Machines takes place in the future in that three hundred year time frame I mentioned earlier. Megatron took the planet by storm with a virus but was defeated at the cost of Primal's life. That is the end of the original Transformers continuity in cartoon form in the US as we know it. Transformers Robots in Disguise is another reality that has nothing to do with the original series, references are made to try to tie them together but they are separate. Transformers Armada, Energon, and Cybertron are also alternate realities but they tie into each other in the order I stated, but not very well since Cybertron is a separate reality in Japan. Hope that helps a little more.

5. Alpha Prime

Alpha Prime Ten Years Strong

i though bw was fairly confusing, too.

6. Deathx360

News Credits:
    I believe the 4th was Jazz. These characters are based on the ones from the original series, basically put there for the older fans who remember the old cartoon, Prime is shown about three times being referred to as a dead Transformer when Vector Prime is explaining time to the kids. This Prime left Cybertron to split the power of Primus up so that nobody could use his power for an evil purpose, you have to read between the lines to understand this. The Prime we see in Cybertron is a Prime that was made after these events, given the fact that only Vector Prime and Primus know about them.

7. Alpha Prime

i think it's Jazz, too.Which episode?

8. Deathx360

News Credits:
    I can't remember which episode. Also if you are asking about what you have highlighted in red it was said that they split Primus' power into the four Cyber Keys so it seems to me that it was done to keep his power out of the wrong hands. I can't see why they would split Primus up just to explore the universe, which is one of the explanations for the different Transformer colonies.

9. Alpha Prime

Not a lot of things do make sense in Cybertron. like how primus conldn't talk to the Autobots but for ten minutes but the could hold off the black hole and fight Starscreem.

And they never said he was a Prime, but they were wise elders. Episode 33: Balance.

10. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Excitement! My Style!!!

News Credits:
    Can somebody explain where Ravage fits into all this? I too was out of the loop for awhile

11. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Beast Wars Ravage was a real treat. To quote Optimus Primal,

"After the Great War, a few Decepticons were granted amnesty. Most retired, but one was rebuilt and reprogrammed - as a Predacon!"

Essentially, Beast Wars Ravage is the original. He survived the original war, survived enough to be upgraded into a new body and to serve the leaders of the Predacons (not Megatron, he was merely a rebel leader. The rarely-glimpsed leaders of the Predacons were the Tripredacus Council, it was them that Ravage served).
    That's why BW Ravage shouts "Decepticons Forever" and transforms into a cassette, complete with the original SFX.

To make things even more interesting, Alternators Ravage (Binaltech Jaguar) according to the Japanese story segment that came with the toy is Beast Wars Ravage. His body destroyed, he survived as a "Black Box" that was dug up in the present day by rogue scientists who utilised stolen Binaltech technology to install it into a new body. He's got a very cool backstory.

12. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

I saw somebody explain it like this once:
    G1 Megs took his name from the Covenant of Primus.
    BW Megs named himself after G1 Megs.
    The Covenant of Primus was referring to BW Megs.
    So it's a fun time paradox thing.

13. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He's actually both Ravages. Because his BW body was destroyed, all that was left of him was his data tracks, contained within that black box. Thus, he had no spark. To remedy that problem, the original cassette Ravage was put into stasis lock, and sealed up in Alt. Ravage's tape deck to provide a spark.

14. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Which episode is the g1 prime?

15. Alpha Prime

Episode 33: Balance. the one after primus goes Robot mode. He Answers the Autobots' Questions through Jolt. and in one explination the ground shows a table with 4 robots:G1 Optimus Prime, Ultra magnus, Hot Rod, and and one more.
    It's the last new episode CN has aired.

16. Deathx360

News Credits:
    G1 Prime shows up one more time in Cybertron in episode number 47 "Guardian". It is the episode where Vector Prime tells the Transformers about his experiences time traveling and what the Black Hole really is. Prime is shown in silhouette and may also be in a static picture of a battle in space, not too sure about that one.

17. Optimusfiretruck

Optimusfiretruck Decepitcon Squad Leader

ok that just through me off I thought I was getting it all down but now. I think me is confused more Coventant of Primus? So i get how BW Megs is just a flat out RIp off of G1 Megs but Cov of Primus was talka bout BW Megs?

18. butz

butz slippery when wet

Thing I've always wondered about this, what did the Decepticons who retired do, y'know, after retirement?

19. Deathx360

News Credits:
    The Covenant of Primus is basically the Transformers' Bible. Primus is their God, he is not referred to in the original cartoon but is referred to in the comics, Beast Wars, of course the current cartoons. I thought the Covenant of Primus was talking about the original Megatron but it has been many years since I saw Beast Wars. It is possible since Primal and Megatron quote it a few times during the last few episodes, like Megatron using the original Decepticon ship Nemesis to try and destroy the Autobot ship Ark. When he uses the tracker beam to suck up the Ark into Nemesis' grinder, as the rocks rise he says something along the lines of "As the stones of protection rise upward and upward, those that fight at war as beast confront their final cycle." quoting directly form the Covenant of Primus. It is possible based on this that the Megatron referred to in the Covenant is in fact Beast Wars Megatron. I'm not sure rip-off is a good term for BW Megatron since in some ways he surpassed the original. He seems to have succeeded more than the original. Still in a fight on equal terms my moneys on the original.

20. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    BW Megs wasn't a rip off of G1 Megs. Just think of it this way. He was so much a fan of G1 Megatron, he changed his name to his. It'd be like a transformer fan being such an Optimus Prime fan, that he changed his name to that. But that would just be silly. :confused2