Need some rhythm game advice

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by EvaUnit13, Jul 25, 2008.

1. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Should I get Rock Band for Wii now and just get the disks for Rock Band 2 and maybe Guitar Hero 4 later? Are the peripherals with Rock Band all gonna be compatible with GH4?

2. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

Don't count on it.

If you haven't gotten anything yet, you might as well wait and get the new, better stuff.

3. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    "It was confirmed that only the Xbox 360 version of Guitar Hero: World Tour would be compatible with instruments from the first Rock Band but not necessarily Rock Band 2's new instruments -- although that's only because Activision has simply not been able to test their game with Harmonix's new peripherals. It also hasn't been confirmed whether the cross-compatibility would extend to the PlayStation 3, Wii, and PlayStation 2 versions of the game as well, but here's hoping. "

If you have to get it for Wii, you can get Rock Band now, and the peripherals will be compatible with Rock Band 2. However, it's probably worth waiting to find out more about compatibility issues, although if you'd want to wait for the full set of Rock Band for Wii you're going to have to wait awhile, as the 360 version comes out first, and that's only the game. The 360 special edition comes out I think a month later, and even later still for the Wii and everything else.

If you want a game now and have the money, getting Rock Band now is a good idea, because the peripherals will at least work with RB2. However, those peripherals have a number of QC issues, so if you want to wait and get better peripherals...it's really more a matter of if you can wait for the special edition release of RB2 for the Wii, I suppose. Or the full edition of GH:WT if you like those peripherals more, those peripherals will almost certainly work with Rock Band.

4. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

The Wii is a crapshoot for this stuff :( 

5. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Yeah I saw first hand at the peripheral issues when my friend's green drum pad broke off :lol