Need some pointers on the Transformers game

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Hi Q, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Hi Q

Hi Q I don't want a user title

News Credits:
    Well, I figured it would be obvious while it was still in the movie forum... the movie game.

2. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Especially when they are timed for no apparent reason.
    I can understand it if you have to get to this point before something blows up -or something like that.

But why exactly does Blackout have to destroy the base on a timer?
    Why does Bumblebee have to get to the next fan in two minutes?

I also hate the "imaginary conditions".
    Like: Oh, I can't hit Megatron now because he is charging. I have to wait for him to miss me as he runs, then look around for me like one of the monsters from Scooby Doo.

And the only thing worse than invisible walls are "action zones" that you can leave, but the game will end if you do.

3. Hi Q

News Credits:
    I haven't encountered all that stuff yet. Now I do manage to get to Bolivia before the cons, but I don't manage to stop them. The fights and shooting are hard. They get by me and still reach the car lot.

4. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I have found almost no reason to use the guns at all.

Most enemies have shields -even if they have your back to you, or are flying through the air, or are flat on the ground, and even the enemies that can be killed by your guns (from 20 rounds) are killed by one punch.

5. liechentron

liechentron Well-Known Member

any tips on the Blackout vs. Ironhide in the decepticon campaign I keep getting my ass handed to me by the tow truck and tackiling guys

6. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pick up something, anything, throw it at them.
    It'll knock them back, they will stop spinning their mace thing, then run up and attack. Get out of there before they start again.

Also, Ignore Ironhide while you fight the drones, leave him alone, he'll leave you alone.

7. BarricadeNinja4

BarricadeNinja4 Agent of Barricade

Also wanna add that, never be in your helicopter form. Coz' when your in that form and you get by one of Ironhide's cannon attacks many times, you will quickly lose your life.

8. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    im at hoover damn. driving is a bitch. its even worse in tunnels.

9. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Yeah, Bumblebee controls like a boat in Camaro mode and that shaking camera was a great idea wasn't it?

10. Hi Q

News Credits:
    Well, I actually managed to finish the Autobots campaign. Got all the cubes, logos, skills, and submissions as well, and finished the extra Cybertron level.
    But now the Decepticon campaign, at least so far, is turning out even harder.
    Scorponok is a terrible choice for the scavenger hunt sun mission. and the last chapter. shooting down the jets, I'm lucky if I even manage to hit 1.

11. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

I thought the Con campaign was wayyy easier then the Bot one.

12. Aberration

Aberration Templar Rodimus

News Credits:
    I agree with you on Scorponok, that's actually the one sub-mission I still haven't finished. I always either get killed, or run out of time because I get caught up trying to kill helicopters for health.

The jets aren't too bad, you just have to get them in your sights, and then use the lock-on feature so you won't lose them when they zoom past. I also found out afterwards that Blackout can nitro, that should help when you're chasing jets.

I finally beat the Autobot campaign last night, although beating the Jazz vs. Starscream & Blackout level was more luck than anything, and I doubt I could do it again anytime soon. I still have a ton of energon cubes and faction insignias to find, and I'm partly tempted to just buy the strategy guide to find those, because hunting around those levels blindly in the dark is not my idea of fun. (Why couldn't they make an energon detector as an unlockable extra, or the ability to turn on your headlights?)

13. Optimus

Optimus Well-Known Member

There is a good guide to the symbols on GameFAQs It's the one by Widge567. You can't direct link to the FAQs.

Just a warning there's one in the second Autobot episode in the park by the power plant that you can't see AT ALL.

14. Hi Q

News Credits:
    I know about the lock and the nitro. The problem is to actually get them in my sights. The helicopter movement is rather eratic on my PC.

Jazz vs. Starscream & Blackout is actually not that hard compared to some other missions. Just be sure to be out of the way when they're flying, and when they're on the ground, focus on one of them, just ignore the other even if he's standing right behind you. Starting with Blackout worked best for me.
    I didn't use any guide to find all the cubes and logos. I actually like starting a level with finding them all, it's a good way to explore everything.

15. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

I found some of the hardest missions for me to be called the easiest by others. The hardest for me were the Ironhide vs Blackout battle and the Jazz vs SS and BO(hehe, bo)

16. Dirge121

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Really, with the 'Bots I'm up to Level 3 chapter 1, with the 'Cons I cant even get past the first chapter, I literally cannot destroy 100% of the base in the time limit, my best is about 70%.

That said, I already hate Blackout with a passion, his helicopter mode, even with customised controls still handles like ass.

After 12 tries, I give up on the 'Cons, I'll just try and complete the Autobot story until someone comes up with a 'Disable timer' code for the PC version.

17. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. GUNS ARE WORTHLESS IN THE TRANSFORMERS GAME. 3 melee attacks = 400 rounds from the guns.
    It will take you half the time to destroy the base if you use his melee attacks.
    And, of course, time is of the essence because its not enough to destroy the base; you have to destroy the base in under 2 minutes (why?).

EDIT:
    Oh yeah -you have to destroy the base, but then when you get the next mission objective everything is magically restored. Great game design.

18. Dirge121

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Unfortunately, 'Half the time' for me is 150% of the time limit.

19. King Starscream

King Starscream <b><font color=blue>The Royal Seeker</font></b> Veteran

News Credits:
    The Hoover Dam chapter is really frustrating. First there's the chase the stupid drone that's done three times. Then right now I'm stuck on the 'blow up the fans' and escape the explosion' chapter. The way the 'challenge' is designed is ridiculous. I stopped after three tries because I'm not going to spend all night trying to beat it. There are better games to play.

20. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

What the fuck is the point of the timers on most of these levels?
    "Prime, you have only 20 seconds outside of the action zone, you know that's not good for the good guys! Only bad guys can go out the zone"
    "Waah, waah!"