Customs: need some pics guys

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Megatron31, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    thanks to a few friends i have some of the parts needed to do my custom megatron but i seem to have a trend of going for IDW's design cues. with that said i need to see pics of of megatrons gun alt mode ( i dont have the actual comic that has it) i know its not actually him but but the copies of him if some one could post some good pics of that i would be forever greatful
    caue i have an idea on how to make megatrons upper body work and have the legs in the right place and the trigger will end up on his back but i need to see the alt mode to be sure my idea will work

thanks guys

2. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

I don't remember 100%, but I beleive it was pretty G1 looking (with all his extra parts).

randy!

3. Megatron31

Ebay:
    fairly close i think the body of the gun was a little different though

4. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There was and is only one walther p38 body. I believe all gun versions of him are based on that. All space gun versions are based on nerf.

5. Megatron31

Ebay:
    i think it is loosely based on a p38 but i think the actual body of the gun is a little longer, could totally be wrong though

6. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I had images of this (since I save TONS of reference images for my customs and for Sector70's reference gallery), BUT I lost 'em all not long ago when my hdd crashed. I'm in the process of restocking my references, so let me see if I can get some shots of it for you.

7. Megatron31

Ebay:
    that would be awesome

thank you much

8. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Here are some shots of the alt mode I grabbed from some comic scans. I also included one of Guido Guidi's AHM Megatron sketches for bot mode. Hope they help, man!

Attached Files:

9. Megatron31

Ebay:
    well it helps just not the way i wanted it too.

if you look at a lot of the robot mode pics all throught out ALL HAIL MEGATRON and pay close attention to the arms, each arm is the same shape as his upper body (like in gun mode one arm infront of the chest and one arm behind) not like the toy or even the images you posted where the arms are the halfs of the rear part of the gun.

oh well back to the drawing board i suppose, but i do have an awesome idea for the lower torso, its gonna be an awesome build when i figure out how to do the upper body

thanks again man i really appreciate it

10. Bigbot3030

11. Megatron31

Ebay:
    very similiar

12. Fishdirt

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  13. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

14. Megatron31

Ebay:
    if i can get my scanner to work i will post up some sketches of what i wanted to do but i think it will make the upper body of the gun way to long

think desert eagle compared to a barreta

15. Bigbot3030

:lol  I guessed my post got looked over.

Hmm. Well could you have the chest section slide together so it wouldn't be to long? like a section is removed or slides out and then the chest slides together?

Randy!

16. Megatron31

Ebay:
    maybe, i was reallyhoping to leave that section of him intact (the g1 toy)

i have a laundry list of how i want to do this guy but we will see if i can do him justice or not. i wont know unitl i get going really

but browning is pretty cool looking .

well you guys are always the ones that help me with stuff and i appreciate it so i will share

i think im gonna use lugnut (yes lugnut) as the lower half of megatron, his legs really just work the right way and arent to wide when you put them together, well no worse then a big hand gun.

upper torso will be g1 chest and a seekers legs mounted under the arms plates becasue the it gives me the bicep looki want , i want to use the g1 trigger and well crotch piece as the spine so it will end up on his back. and it is this that is giving me such a hard time with figureing out how to make the arms work out right

17. Fishdirt

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Ah I hate it when people don't read the posts but yours reminded me of the diaclone borwning which predates the takara one by 10 or 11 years (I believe 77) but there were a few guns made that time and I thought a good cross sampling might yield more definitive results for M31.

18. Bigbot3030

oh is it really that different? I always thought it was just a color and accesories thing. now I'm going to have to go check that out. I bought one a while back on ebay. I think it could have been a rare KO or something, but it was the only one I could find at the time. still no fists but it's so cool for a little guy, and his legs are really dynamic looking.

Meg31, just so I can get a full picture, are we talking about the new lugnut? and seeker legs for arms, is this the classics ones?

R!

19. Megatron31

Ebay:
    you are correct Randy

i should be able to throw a frame together fairly quickly once lugnuts become more readily availible.

but im still working on the other guys right now but i cant get this thing out of my head

granted the seeker legs are super trimmed to fit under the chunks of megatron i have but it should be a great arm design that will peg together in the end.

lugnts legs on the other hand are gonna be a bit tricky but if you have played with that mold at all, the fiirst thing i noticed was the leg transformation. the hips for his transformation make it so in robot mode they have a wide stance but for his altmode they end up really close together and they peg together and with a little trimming would be the pefect size for the handle of a gun

20. Bigbot3030

I don't have it, but will be picking up a Lugnut from a friend this weekend at a local TF meetup. It'll be interesting to see what you have planned, since thats the only thing I can't visualize right now.
    very cool take on this. very new way of looking at it. you're breaking down basic shapes and mechanical bits, and It'll be sweet to see such an original idea for megatron.

Randy!