Need some minor modding help

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by BreakY, Nov 1, 2011.

1. BreakY

BreakY Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm a bit hesitant to ask because the entire list of threads have cool customs and its real hardcore, but was directed to come here to ask for some help.

I'm not a modder at all, and don't expect to do any aside from this one request I have, which I hope someone can help me with?

I want to do the HA Bumblebee hand mod and have the additional hand - I just need someone to remove the pin, switch the thumb positions so I have have it be a right hand instead of a left, and sand down the plug so that it fits into the socket. I don't have any of the tools needed, so I was thinking that asking you guys who do this regularly might be able to spare some time with this?

I'm in the Cincinnati area, so if there is someone local, that would be awesome! If not, I am ay-okay with mailing the hand and forearm bit too.

Would anyone be able to help me with this?

*EDIT:* Image taken from largo621's flickr page.

Attached Files:

2. Lt. Faceless

Lt. Faceless I'm a puppet

The pins are fairly easy to remove.Get a hammer with a small nail and tap it out until you see the threads on the pin(only one side has them,if you don't see them.try the other way).Get some pilers and pull out the pin.

3. konrathink

konrathink Jared Magnus

Holding it under some really hot water for 20 - 30 seconds too should help with the tapping out.

4. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    If I remember correctly, the thumb is in there via one of those pins that require soldering irons to remove. It's been a while since I've looked at HABB, though.

5. BreakY

BreakY Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yuyuyami is correct. The thumb apparently needs a soldering iron to remove. You can't hammer the pin out because the thumb covers the other end. Also, the thumb acts as a sheath to the pin.

I don't have a soldering iron or nails to remove this, hence asking for some help - mailing it to someone who can do it.

6. Gatchaman

Gatchaman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Yes, it does. The thumb has a tube that runs inside of the hand that the pin seats inside. You can't bang the pin out because the end you would need to hit is inside the thumb. You have to heat the bottom of the pin that is exposed at he bottom of his hand with a soldering iron and the. Slowly and carefully twist and pull the thumb and it's tube off of the pin and out of the hand.
    Then you also need to cut the thumb at its nuckel and glue it
    back on upside down so it's at the right angle and if you want to get really technical you need to remove the webbing between the fingers and then remove the first and third fingers ABOVE the knuckle and swap them. It sounds like a lot of work, but all you need is a soldering iron, exacto knife and a little. It of energon & a lot of luck.... You can do a search for my HA bb custom or I can post a link here if you'd like.

7. Gatchaman

Gatchaman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sorry, just read the above post. If you'd like to send it to NC I'll be glad to the mod for you. PM me if I can help

8. JinSaotome

JinSaotome Banned

Ebay:
    Buy a ColdHeat soldering tool at Radio Shack for $19. This is an electrical based one that runs on batteries and is what I use for removing all my pins. Doesn't burn you or melt plastic because the tip doesn't get hot, instead it zaps the metal and heats it up.

9. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    ^ this is something i didnt know

you could always put this up in the request section under the creative market place, and maybe one of the customizer would do it for cheap

10. warriorpriest

warriorpriest Priest of Primus

News Credits:
    i done this mod for another board member. PM me if you want me to do it.

11. Rodimeister0088

Rodimeister0088 Prime

uh i think it comes out easier working it out with someone who can do it for that price rather than spending money on something he may not figure out how to use. Not everyone is "built for building" i guess u could say. But on another note, it's never too late to start kitbashing :)  (i would know, it's not easy to start, but it is fun to finish)

12. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    This thread is better suited for Creative General Discussion, so here we are!