Need some inputs , ko or not

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Easterling Capt, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Well I eyeballed this auction last time out , I think many ppl are scared to buy stuff due to KO out there but It looks like the real deal to me.

Cyclonus item number 180150996275

Maybee it was the starting price that was a little high.

I know the back of the box would verifie it but the seller has been for years and 100% and the auction says Vintage. I tryed to look for front box pics but couldent find any. but it looks ligit, Cyclonus even has the rub sign on him on the correct spot.

any input guys ? did I chance on a KO here or a real deal. My feelings say it is the real deal.

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    It has that issue where the "F" in "formers" doesn't line up like it should with the center of the "A".

I know that's a big telltale in other KOs, but I'm not sure if it applies to all.

3. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    The box may be legit as the 'F' begins at the right place below the 'R' for Cyclonus, as for Cyclonus it's tricky to tell from the pic. Being able to see the weapon location/direction would be useful. As far as I know, the blue eared variant of Cyclonus was never KO'ed (willing to be corrected though, can never know enough!), pity he's not that one. Check out this thread for more info:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=142984&page=6

I'd also recommend checking out the Sticky KO thread in the Toyark:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=126551

As for the Seller, I've seen him lots of times on ebay, I can't remember if I've bought/ sold with him. He does seem on the level, but some of the KO's are a minefield, many TF collector's have been caught out with the Chinese KO/re-issues/old stock (depending on your point of view). I'm always seeing MOSC Squawkbox's on ebay that fall into this category.

Hope this is helpful.

4. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    And if there's a Chinese sticker, then it's a legit Cyclonus.

5. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    there are two real variations of the weapon. the verticle placement of the weapon guarantees vintage, while the KO's are fashioned after the diagonal placement. if it was poster box, it would be no doubt vintage, and i have to agree that i have never seen a blue eared HKS before. but i'd have to look at the back of the box to really tell.

if theres a chinese sticker on it, its not an american original release. its an early 90's release from china. definately not KO, but definately not original. it all lies in what you think is original if your the buyer though.

6. Easterling Capt

Ebay:
    yeah I have seen those small chinese letters on the top of the right corner, those are not on the cyclonus I bought.

thx for the help, Ill give you an update once I recive Cyclonus

7. Easterling Capt

Ebay:
    oki got the item.

I checked back of box, and I see no stickers of any sort in any chinese texture.

I could not see the cyclonus stamp on it so I hade to open it up, to see. He has a stamp on his wing that says 1986 HASBRO.

The weapon is verticaly placed as it should.

the instruction sheet is not blurry , it its crispy as it should be.

Comes with unused sticker sheet and red decoder.

the white texture under the tech spech is white and runs almost the whole way.

The nose is a bit rubbery , shall it be like this ?

The rub sign works as it shall.

does this sound like and original,

Did I just open a real Sealed G1 ????

help me guys.

after searching the internet ,It was a KO.

Darn it..I have to say what the seller says about this. the auction said Vintage Saboteour cylconus but it is not a vintage it is a KO.