Need some input on this "not as described" issue

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by blahduh, Jul 25, 2007.

1. blahduh

blahduh Well-Known Member

Won this auction last week
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=019&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=290138864915&rd=1&rd=1
    Got the figure yesterday, and everything was as described EXCEPT two things(Pic attached):
    1. One of the tip at the end of the jetpack is completely broke
    2. There is a huge crack on the back of the jetfire plate
    I'm not really that happy with it but I guess I can live with it.
    Should I talk with the seller to at least get some of the $$ back?(I'm thinking about $6) Is this worth it to file a SNAD claim? Thanks
    [​IMG]

2. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Eh, I dunno. It seems like a great deal, but I am very anal about things like that. I think it was a mistake. And the seller did say sold as is...I really don't think you would win a claim, because the jetpack was blocking the view and you didn't ask for pics of him without it. I would focus on true scammers rather than an average guy trying to make a buck.

I would contact him, however, in good faith and let him know. Who knows, he may shoot you over a few bucks.

3. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    yeah, he might give you money back, but it still was a good deal on a bone white jetfire and the pics look good, but yes, i'd be a little pissed and then I'd put into perspective and see what the guy could do for me. I mean $6 bucks aint shit. best advice, just see what happens, but I dont think this warrants a negative feedback or a claim. hell, he might have got the same price if he listed the faults on this toy. I think you got a good/decent deal. its sharp.-MR

4. blahduh

nah, I never think about given negative feedback, just feel like this is something she should point out in the auction instead of saying "little to no" playwear(that's a huge difference)
    You guys probabaly can't see it very clear, but the crack covers the whole lengh of the red marked circle(lightning issue)

And of course she replied and said:
    "I list my items very well and I never listed it saying it was perfect. I could of sold that jetfire in seperate pieces and collected way more than you paid for it!!!! I list in my auctions no refunds and it clearly says don't bid if you don't like my auction rules."

And my decision is to not give her any feedback at all.

And thanks for the input guys.

5. Malach Ra

News Credits:
    or give her a positive and say,"you could use alittle more description in your auctions".

6. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    No way I would give a positive to someone who failed to disclose damage like that to something I bought. You can only stretch "played with" so far.

7. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I think that crack would be possible to overlook if they didn't transform it and check. The little tip is a bit more obvious, but I can still see how a novice may not notice it with all the armor on.

8. blahduh

She buys and sell transformers, I doubt she will overlook that area.(probably getting rid of the worse condition figures when she got the better one)

The tip should definitely be noticeable, if she didn't use that super ultra flashlight:peoples: 
    Now thinking about it, even if she took a picture of the cracked area, with that kind of flashlight, I would still unable to see the crack.
    It's still my fault for not catching the tip issue though.(It's shown in the auction picture)

9. VIZGIX

VIZGIX Smug Bastard TFW2005 Supporter

I would give negative ( dont make it sound that bad) just because the item was not as described and she gave you a pissy response.
    I would make the - sound like "could have described the item beter and left out some key flaws in the condition of the figure. A little more info would be nice."

10. Malach Ra

News Credits:
    dude, if you can see the tip being broken off in the picture, you got better eyesight than god. its not your fault at all. other than the two discreps, it looks mint. but yeah, i'd be pissed, but as being a weathered ebayer, there is not much you can do about it. you could sell the armor for 60 bucks and the fig for 50. if your not worried about her retaliating, leave her a neg or nuetral.

11. VIZGIX

go with what you feel. If your feeling really upset with her marketing like Malach Ra said. neg her. If you fealling like 'eh its okay, i gues, then do neutral.

I would personaly neg her just because of her additude.

12. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I didn't notice that she left you that pissy message, I guess she knew about it. Screw her then.

13. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    I'd leave her a neutral instead of a neg, since she did say 'as is'. It will still send a message to other buyers who check feedback, but not be as harsh as a neg, and she'd look really petty for arguing it.

--Moony

14. Malach Ra

News Credits:
    you know what, fuck her, give her a negative. THESE are problems with the toy, she should have listed them. negatives as a buyer dont count for shit, so dont worry about her leaving you a neg. light her up and maybe she'll learn. (sorry for my change of tune, had a flashback of gettting screwed over).

15. blahduh

So I sent out a final reply to her message(not asking for anything, just stating my opinion):
    "You buy transformers too, what will you think when this kind of thing is happening to you?
    And no, you didn't list the condition of this figure correctly, with those defects the figure itself is far from "great shape"
    You can check this thread to see how other people feel about this case, and feel free if you want to post your own thought too:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=144350

Have a nice day.
    "

And this is her reply:
    "If you want to send the item back, I will surly give you the money back. I will end up getting more than $65 for it anyway!
    Thanks"

Not sure if she's scared of a neg or anything because I already decided to not leave any feedback.
    You know what, I actually WOULD like to send the item back if she can actually covers my shipping cost. I'm quite lazy on this, that's why I only buy stuff and never sell, and usually prefer partial refund other than returning the item.
    But sending the stuff back means I have to eat the $10 shipping cost, not sure if she will cover this, but if she will, then I'll definitely send it back. What do you guys think?

16. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I think you should sell it off, if you can really make the money she's talking about.

17. blahduh

U sure can, if you try to sell everything seperately
    jetfirebody: $35-$45(not sure about this area because it's broke)
    armbands: $10
    leggings: $10
    backleg armors: $10
    legging clips: $20
    gunclip: $20
    gun: $12
    boosterpacks+holder: $20

minus Shipping/Listing/Paypal fee you probalby make $100+ on those stuff.
    But hey, time = money, I have better things to do other than sitting there make 10+ auctions just to get $25 extra :) 

18. VIZGIX

advertise on TFW

oh oh, and I need Jetfire parts! I need Inner leg straps and gun clip!

ohh and look at it this way. someone sold you a counterfit item for $3. I it a way good deal, even for a fake which normally costs $10. But hey, It is still a fake!
    Are you gonna give them feedback based on the good or bad Deal you got on them OR Because they LIE to people like you (and probly others too)

these are reasons you should base feedback by. I think you should -neg her because:
    1. It doesnt affect them much anyway
    2. TO WARN OTHER BUYERs that these items are 'MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE'!

19. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

Sell Jetfire for whatever, and hang on to the armor and weap. Better jetfires are here and there, but with all the gear, not so much.