Customs: Need some honest advice: Can my G1 Prime live again?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Excelsior Prime, Jul 10, 2007.

1. LemonPrime

LemonPrime Greetings Programs

News Credits:
    I know how you feel. I have a G1 Ultra Magnus that's missing the big and little fists, the white leg plates/ramps, missile launchers and missiles, has heavy chrome wear and rusty screws, worn or missing stickers, broken pegs where the big fists plug in, and has a broken tab on his car carrier that holds his shoulder in place in 'bot mode. The missing parts I've seen all over ebay, but the broken bits and chrome wear are more trouble than they're really worth. I'm much better off just getting one for a decent price online, but like you said, this is my Ultra Magnus. I remember the day I got him, twenty some odd years ago!!! Seeing him in a box of old toys in my parents' house is what got me into collecting just over a year ago!

Nobody's telling you to chuck out your ol' Prime. Like others have said, keep checking ebay for junkers or "G1 lots" . I've seen a few cheap auctions with parts for three or four Primes, some missing arms, heads, feet...you name it. If it's worth it to you, go for it and best of luck!

2. Bobby Lemain

Bobby Lemain Cassette Man

Nostalgia is awesome isn't it... It has gotten me into Tekken from memories in my past, it has driven me to buy an NES and even far enough to make an NESPC, and cleaning out the garage, it has gotten me here. The past is present.

3. Bobby Lemain

Bobby Lemain Cassette Man

Nostalgia is awesome isn't it... It has gotten me into Tekken from memories in my past, it has driven me to buy an NES and even far enough to make an NESPC, and cleaning out the garage, it has gotten me here. The past is present.

4. Excelsior Prime

Excelsior Prime Autobot Leader

Yeah, it really is important for me to repair my Prime.

But my main concern is that I'm not sure I have the skill to pull of the biggest problem, which is the leg replacement.

And I feel that replacing Prime's torso completely with another Prime torso is almost like replacing the entire figure. I wish there were some other way to get a new leg on there.

More to come...

5. Excelsior Prime

Yeah, it really is important for me to repair my Prime.

But my main concern is that I'm not sure I have the skill to pull of the biggest problem, which is the leg replacement.

And I feel that replacing Prime's torso completely with another Prime torso is almost like replacing the entire figure. I wish there were some other way to get a new leg on there.

More to come...

6. dare

dare Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know how u feel. I have an old junkie Prime that I was collecting parts for to repair as well. Thankfully with reissues I didn't have to. he's old and busted and just the way I want to remember him. :D 

If it helps, I was 12 when I dismantled my G1 Prime to see how he worked (I was... inquisitive) and at that age I managed to put him back together. It's a simple job. No bloody pins to knock and crazy amount of parts like modern day Tfs.

I'd keep him worn. Show his age and experience. Just replace his leg so he can stand again.

A small philips screwdriver should be all you need. Get a junker Prime or Magnus, and pop them both open and replace what you need to. Shouldn't take more than 20 mins.

7. dare

dare Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know how u feel. I have an old junkie Prime that I was collecting parts for to repair as well. Thankfully with reissues I didn't have to. he's old and busted and just the way I want to remember him. :D 

If it helps, I was 12 when I dismantled my G1 Prime to see how he worked (I was... inquisitive) and at that age I managed to put him back together. It's a simple job. No bloody pins to knock and crazy amount of parts like modern day Tfs.

I'd keep him worn. Show his age and experience. Just replace his leg so he can stand again.

A small philips screwdriver should be all you need. Get a junker Prime or Magnus, and pop them both open and replace what you need to. Shouldn't take more than 20 mins.

8. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hes dead jim.

9. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hes dead jim.

10. Excelsior Prime

Thanks, Dare.

I figure at this point, I've got nothing to lose.

Once I get a junk Prime, I'm going to give it a shot.

Ex

11. Excelsior Prime

Thanks, Dare.

I figure at this point, I've got nothing to lose.

Once I get a junk Prime, I'm going to give it a shot.

Ex