Customs: Need Some Help!!!!

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Sound Blaster, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Sound Blaster

Sound Blaster Shattered Glass World

OK I use Clear Castin' Craft resin for my clear casts and I came across a problem....There was a hole in the can and the resin didn't harden 100% but it turned from a Liquid to a jelly type substance.

Is there anything I can use to turn the jelly back into liquid form? Because I am going to use the rest of this up and buy some new resin and I hate to waste this because it is still usable.

Oh and I already tried using acetone to thin it out it worked but once I put the hardener in it never became hard.

Please LMK

Thanks!

:thumbs2: 

[​IMG]

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I wouldn't think there'd be any way to salvage that stuff.

3. MacrossFA19

MacrossFA19 That son of a bitch!!!

Ebay:
    I used to use that shit. And thats exactly what it is...shit. Your better off just throwing the whole damned can and the catylyst away, or take it back to A.C. Moore.
    As it is, there is no way to "un-gelatinize" that stuff. I had spilled it once and let turn into the jelly, and wierd as it may be, it really never hardened, even after a few months. Its really meant for those stupid things you hang in your window after the kids paint them with the transparent plastic paint from rose art.

And acetone breaks that castin' craft stuff down, like mineral spirits to grease.

Mac

4. Sound Blaster

Anyone else??

5. autobotmaximus

autobotmaximus toasty goodness

just throw it away and get some clear Polyurethane, its more expensive but its much better than that polyester crap:thumb 

6. Sound Blaster

Got any pics of some clear and colored(Regular) resin I can use?