Customs: Need some help with an idea....

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Tray, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Tray

Tray Well-Known Member

So...I'm just getting into repainting and kitbashing. I haven't done anything with Alternators yet, but really want to. Just trying to go with one of two ideas:

(Idea 1)For some reason, I'm fascinated with making a spare alternator into Cosmos -- however I'd like to hear some of your ideas on what bot/head and such to use.

(Idea 2)While they may turn out fugly, for some reason I want to turn some of the alternators into Computron's various parts, even though I obviously don't have a plane or motorcycle-like thing for certain bots. For some reason I wanted to try the color scheme, though. Thoughts?

Either those, or I could try a Twin Twist one :sly: 

I've got some Krylon Fusion and Testors paints in transit to my house right now for colors, also.

Help me out with ideas!

2. Soundwarp

Soundwarp Next victim please TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cosmos.....
    I'd use Hounds head and Meisters body.........

3. Napjr

Napjr <b><font color=gold>Mr. Internet</font><br><font c Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  4. speedterrorrist

speedterrorrist Weirdo,Lunatic,Gizmo

yep tfmaster did and i love it

5. Tray

Tray Well-Known Member

hmm....I may have to use Soundwarp's suggestion then, don't want to copy someone else's work.

Anyone have any suggestions for Computron's various limbs? Lightspeed will be the easiest as he's actually a car, but what about Scattershot, Afterburner, Strafe, or Nosecone? I've started working on a coloring scheme to make a spare Skids into a Nosecone, but I'm open to suggestions!

6. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nosecone should be something heavy duty, so that just really leaves the Jeeps and Skids. You could wait for Rollbar to come out, since he's orange already you might not need to do as much work on it.

Strafe and Scattorshot should at least be fast, maybe Scattorshot as a Viper and Strafe as the Decepticharge mold. That'll keep the sizes more in line as well.

Lightspeed could be a simple mod from Swerve, and Afterburner... I'm out of ideas.