Need some help please. (HDTV Related)

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by garibaldiprime, Jun 24, 2010.

1. garibaldiprime

garibaldiprime Banned

I recently found out that the poor picture quality i was getting from my 22" lcd hdtv was due to the EMI that was coming from my xbox360 which was sitting right next to it.
    Since i have moved the 360 a good 3 or 4 feet away from the tv, even more during my testing period, and although the EMI problem has decreased i can still see some interferance in the picture.
    I have a pc running a good 10 feet away, and an old sdtv about 7 feet away from my HD-Gaming setup, and like i said the 360 is now on the floor under the tv with a pretty chunky wooden cupboard between it.
    What could still be causing the EMI?
    Is there anything i can do to fix the problem?
    Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

2. garibaldiprime

garibaldiprime Banned

bump

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm going to throw this out there, but I've never had this problem, but maybe a better HDMI/Component cable would help prevent the interference. Anyone else?

4. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Sounds like shitty cables/broken tv to me

5. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

So wait, does the TV look good when everything else is off, but decrease in quality when they're all on? I find it odd that these things would mess with the picture quality on your TV, especially things... designed to work with your TV.

It's probably the TV itself, not the surroundings.

6. garibaldiprime

garibaldiprime Banned

TV is new, so it isnt that.
    The componant cables im using are the ones that came with the xbox.
    I dont have HDMI output on my 360 so i cant try that.

7. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

I have never heard of this problem befor? Umm. What brand TV is it? Just because its new dose not mean its not the TV itself. I have a 52" Sony Bravia with my PS3 and 360right beneath with my Media Center PC just 5 feet away. I have a Great Picture. First go the Cheap Way. Get some new Component Cables for your Xbox.

8. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    this,

Have you tried hooking it up to a different TV?

9. garibaldiprime

garibaldiprime Banned

Ok i'll try new cables, thanks.

10. garibaldiprime

garibaldiprime Banned

I have tried a different set of componant cables and that didnt help.

I have also made sure the componant cables arent anywhere near the hot power brick for the 360 incase that was effecting it but it didnt make any difference.

The tv does have a free-view receiver built in however, but it isnt hooked up. Could that be causing it possibly?
    Like its somehow receiving an outside signal through the aerial jack in the back or something?

Also the multi socket extension chord that the tv and the 360 is plugged into isnt a very good one, i dont think it even has surge protection on it.
    I read somewhere breifly that interferance like this might happen if the power isnt grounded properly or something?
    I cant remember as i didnt understand it at the time and i dont remember where i saw it.

One thing is for certain though its not interferance from the 360 itself as i also tried the tv with it turned off and the interferance lines where still there.

And just to clarify what the problem is, i see very very faint lines running up and down the screen all the time. You can BARELY see them, but they are there and only show up on really dark colors, like blacks and dark blues and reds, and you can only seem them if you look for them closely, but now i know they are there i see them all the time.