Heavy/Scratch: need some help (classics squalkbox)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by brr-icy, Apr 14, 2009.

1. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ok, i want to make my highscore and nightbeat real gears into classics versions of beastbox and squalktak respectively, but i've run into a small snag,i want them to combine like the originals did, but no idea on how to straighten the wings into legsand make the tips fold to make the feet, i've never done any customizing on tfs other than a little repainting, but i have on warhammer

EDIT: i added my ideas so far, let me know what you think

EDIT #2 ok, now what should i use to unglue the wing halves? i've tried with different figures and usually it doesn't work so well

Attached Files:

2. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    I actually made both Squalktalk and BeastBox from those molds and they looked really good. I wanted to make them combine but never got around to it but there are some alternate ways of doing it for sure.

3. Bruticus82

Bruticus82 Well-Known Member

I'll preface this by saying I've never really done these kinds of customs either, but I've been learning through osmosis. I also don't own those molds.

The way I'm looking at it, you'd need at least 3 joints, and lots of dremeling. First you need to replace that pin on the wing with something lik a balljoint, then you need to make a cut a slit and add a joint (unless the existing one provides enough movement) where the blue translucent wing meet his alt mode wing, so the legs can unfold the rest of the way. Lastly you'd need to cut the wing "tips" off for the feet, and notch out a square from the outer corner of the legs so you can throw in a joint. Here you have to decide if you just want the foot to tilt up or if you also want it to rotate it 90 degrees to give it a more "foot" like appearance (imagine rotating it so the silver trim is the "base" of the foot maybe). You'll have to play around with it and decide which you like more. A ball joint or two type joint would do the latter, while you'd only need a pin/hinge type joint joint for the former. Either way you'll have to cut a notch so it lines up flat with the rest of the leg/foot where you made the cut.

I'm sure that explanation was clear as mud, if it would help I could try and digibash what I'm saying...

4. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

I wanted to do this exact same thing... but for a surprisingly simple idea, it really struck me how much work it could end up being. If anyone's got any brilliant ideas, I'm interested to know too.

zmog

5. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i added what i have in mind, highscore is already pretty good, just needs a paint job and maybe a set of guns, i have a junker sandstorm, and i think the head would be good for the combined head (if i can i'll work it into the mold, if not partial parts former), the tail of nightbeat secures them together pretty good when slide under the chest panels of highscore, might have to do something to the head so it isn't between his legs, but i see no screws on the wings to take them apart, it must be glued

6. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Kinda, there is also a small one sided pin on the inside.

7. Bruticus82

Bruticus82 Well-Known Member

Well good to see my thoughts ended up being more or less what you plan on doing. All I can say now is good luck with that!