need some help about an ebay selling issue

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Apeface, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Apeface

Apeface cares not for gophers

I have been selling a few items on ebay for awhile. I always put that I do not ship internationally in my auctions, but have made exceptions in the past and sent an invoice with the adjusted shipping rate and shipment method etc. I just recently sold an item to a gent in Canada and before I could send an invoice ebay gave him a very low shipping cost and specified it'd be priority. How did ebay do that if my listing said no international shipping? I'm going to lose money on this and I'm a bit annoyed. Can someone help?

2. khopson

khopson Well-Known Member

What did you specify regarding shipping costs/method in your auction description? For example, did you say the item would be shipped via priority mail? If so, the buyer could have paid before you had a chance to send the invoice, thus locking him/her into the domestic U.S. rate you quoted despite being based in Canada. However, if you stated you would not ship internationally in your auction description, you should have recourse against the buyer. Tell them they either have to pay the extra shipping cost as a result of you making an exception to shipping internationally or you will retract their bid. Despite claiming to only ship within the U.S., I always get people trying to force me to make an exception, too. I do in some cases and it works out fine. Other times it doesn't, though, making me regret my decision.

3. Apeface

Apeface cares not for gophers

I selected no international shipping. Odd thing is the price he got was lower than my domestic rate and even a different shipping service. My girlfriend had a similar issue she said to me when a guy from India bought her auction and it had free shipping.

The buyer has already paid me for this item and ebay basically told me I can't do anything even though it seems to be their fault. This just sucks.

4. khopson

khopson Well-Known Member

That's weird. I'm not sure how this could happen. Like you, though, I'd be pissed.

5. Eigo Risu

Eigo Risu Less than meets the eye

Ebay:
    just say the item no longer exists and refund his money.

6. Genetic

Genetic Morg Than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Easiest way is to email the buyer and explain to him that the auction was US only and not open to Canadian bidders. Tell them you are willing to make an exception and complete the transaction but the shipping cost will be higher, or you can cancel the transaction.

Most people are reasonable. If he turns out to be an asshole then you can cancel the transaction through my Ebay with the specified reason that the buyer is in a country you don't ship to. If he doesn't agree to the cancellation, it'll automatically close in your favour after a week (or thereabouts anyway) and he can't leave feedback. If he does neg you before that, you can get it removed.

If you need more help, shoot me a PM cause I'm terrible at remembering what threads I've posted in ;) 

7. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    That is weird, because as a Canadian my account is ebay.ca (not .com) when I log in. Auctions set to only ship in the US don't even appear on the .ca side of things. I don't know how a Canadian would even see an item listed as not shipping to Canada - when I log into ebay even at ebay.com it forces me over to .ca and US only auctions don't even appear; can't see them much less bid on them. So this case is double-weird in that sense.

(and no, I'm not the Canadian who bought this auction) :) 

8. joshua

joshua Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bingo.