Need some guidance here

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Prime crotch, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Prime crotch

Prime crotch Well-Known Member

I've been reading some Dreamwave Transformers comics and while the Transformers look a bit chubby I like the drawings and the story looks good. But since Dreamwave it's dead will some books like Generation One be continued by IDW Publishing or they have their own projects? And while we're on it how good was the Marvel's run with the old comic books? I only had some has a kid but from what I can remember they were good.
    Also is there any site with pics of Transformers knockoffs? I found an old Optimus copy that looks like a Go Nagai robot and was wondering it's name.

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    IDW has their own G1 comics currently out that take place in a new universe and have nothing to do with Dreamwave. Marvel had some nice issues back in the day. Alot of people prefer the Marvel UK books that you can find collected in trade paperbacks. A personal favorite of mine is "Target 2006." You can find it on Amazon.com.

"Prime crotch" :lol  Any reasoning for your name?

3. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Prime crotch? hahaha i like that:) 

4. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I find it sad that I'm geeky enough to recognize it as ARMADA prime crotch. :( 

5. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    He has one of the most awesome usernames ever.

6. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    haha you crotch watcher!

7. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Don't be a crotch-watcher-WATCHER!

8. QuantumShock

QuantumShock Stay for brunch ?

News Credits:
    If there's a "best username competition", he is the first I will vote for.

9. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Dreamwave was the be-all/end-all when it came to TF story AND artwork in my humble opinion. Their insane attention to detail was ridiculous, and I still often wonder how many of the "little things" they added for hardcore G1 fans were otherwise totally oblivious to people. The stories were extremely well thought out and the art was second to none. It's such a shame that they (the Lee brothers) pissed & snorted it all away so soon after hitting such highs of success, especially midway through some of the best series such as War Within.

But when all is said & done, I still give DW full credit for taking what was thought to be an essentially dead franchise and turning it into what it is now. To everyone's surprise, they took on a comic project of 'those old transforming robots from the 80s" and relaunched an entire new era of fandom, not to mention bringing all the old schoolers out of hiding. Their TF comics consecutively outsold heavyweights such as X-Men & Spider-Man and all those kids who grew up with TF were now spending plethoras of money restarting their collections close to 20 years later. It was monumental, and I firmly believe that if it wasn't for DW resurrecting this franchise, we wouldn't have a new live action movie, any Masterpieces, any Binaltech/Alternators, any Classics, etc. Beast Wars sure as hell wouldn't have done it.

Here's hoping IDW will bring on more of the writers, artists & inkers formely apart of DW so that their series' can one day be up to par. But as it is now, I think most of the art done for IDW is aweful... better than the Marvel days but nowhere close to DW quality. Again, just in MY personal opinion, that is.