Need some G1 Jetfire help asap

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by motorhead9999, Jul 30, 2011.

1. motorhead9999

motorhead9999 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Alright, so I recently purchased a G1 Jetfire that was advertised as MISB.

Just got it, and realized something, but I'm not sure if there's an issue. If you look at the armor tray, it appears to be upside down. Looking at other MISB Jetfires (even an AFA one), you can usually see the product catalog/advertisements on the bottom of the window.

I've included some pics of the tape, and to me, the tape looks good, and doesn't look to have been opened at all, or double taped. I'm pretty confused, and obviously there's a decent sum of money involved in this. Anyone seen something like this before or any advice?

Attached Files:

2. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    It could just simply have been mis-packed at the factory.

3. motorhead9999

News Credits:
    That's a possibility I had thought of, but again, I'm obviously on a time table with the transaction. There's only a few images on ebay to go by, and per the afa grading, only 42 graded examples.

4. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Possibly you could ask the seller for some cash back since it's not exactly right. Although I'm assuming the photos of it in the sale you saw before buying showed the thing as-is with the differently set tray.
    Were you planning on getting it AFAed? I have no idea how it works but perhaps the upside-down tray might negatively affect the rating compared to correctly positioned ones.

5. motorhead9999

News Credits:
    Yes, the listing did, and I honestly didn't catch it. Yes, I was planning on getting it AFA'd. To me honestly, if that's how the figure came and it was just an error, that's ok. I'm just trying to figure out for sure that that's the case. Other than this armor tray issue, its a simply beautiful box and figure, with almost zero crease flap.

6. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

The tape looks good and while i am not a g1 MISB expert i would agree that its a factory error.

7. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Yeah, then I'd definitely say it's just a factory error. Pity you didn't catch it before buying as it might've got you some cash off the price.
    I dunno if there's an AFA group on here that you could go ask how it might affect the rating if submitted. Or perhaps ask a Mod to add 'AFA Question' to this thread title to bring them into here.

8. motorhead9999

News Credits:
    Well, it was ebay, so I didn't have that negotiation leverage. I'll see if i can get AFA added to the title. Regardless of whether it affects it or not gradewise, i still plan on having it AFAd, just so its protected.

9. blurr69

blurr69 First time caller

Ebay:
    Why would it get cash back necessarily, if not informed in the description ? If anyone ever asks/demands any cash back from a listing of mine, its either send item back for a full refund or shut up about it.. Pictures are there for a reason.

Not directed @ op.

10. motorhead9999

News Credits:
    @blurr69:

I think he was referring to this being a private sale, where I could have negotiated the price down prior to making the transaction.

11. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Yeah, I meant prior. The seller might not have realised it was packed wrong and that could affect the price. But then if it was an auction I suppose that doesn't matter as the price would set itself.
    I dunno. Was just trying to help.

12. maz25

maz25 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    AFA might look at the packing error as a rarity. May increase the value if the AFA label states packing error. Good luck.

13. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Exactly.

You wanna fault the Seller for a brand new/sealed specimen when it was a mistake committed by manufacturer?!?

Really... :crazy: