Need some fan help, got me a Datsun 280zx

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Rodimal_Sigma, Aug 1, 2006.

1. Rodimal_Sigma

Rodimal_Sigma Autobot Elite Command

Now the only problem is.... which incarnation of bluestreak to paint it in... so i would like some fan feedback... any pics would be appreciated also

2. Deathy G1

Deathy G1 Such a trustworthy being!

3. Rodimal_Sigma

ok

well from what i have gotten over at the allspark and here.. the general consensus is smokescreen... but what sorta interior colors would look good on this car?

4. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Black interior, with black and gray exterior. Like in the show.

Smokescreen won't work, unless you change out the bumpers and lower the clearance on the sides.

5. Rodimal_Sigma

alrighty

decision made.. .anime bluestreak just like the show.... so black/navy blue and silver.. and black and gray interior on the inside...lol.. should i do the ultimate fanboy thing and somehow get a rub sign to lol

6. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Twitter: @Super_Megatron Administrator

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    www.Reprolabels.com would probably be able to hook you up with that, not sure how big they are able to make it but it's worth asking.

7. freezowave

freezowave Well-Known Member

Both the blue/grey and grey/black Bluestreak decoes came stock on this car. You should google some pics and restore it to stock.

My friend just got one too about 2 months ago, but he has no plans on painting it. Hell, he couldn't even figure out why it was so cool until I gave him an extra 'Streak I had lying around, and even then he just shrugged his shoulders.

8. Rodimal_Sigma

alrighty... it is decided anime accurate bluestreak... only problem i have now is deciding wehter to drop the red from the interior or not.. hmm

9. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Drop it in favor of a dark gray/charcoal color, maybe a two-tone leather/suede combo with dark black being the primary color and the charcoal an accent on the seats, door panels and on the headliner. If leather is out of the budget, get it in premium cloth.

I'd say paint it Smokescreen's original paint scheme, but without the racing numbers on the doors. I thought that color scheme was awesome.

As for a LARGE rubsign, as cool as it would be, it wouldn't work well constantly exposed to the elements and the sun. If anyone has ever left an original figure, with rubsign, in an uncooled storage container (as my brother has) then you're familiar with what happens. The rub signs get "stuck" in their permanent state and don't change or disipate to a black backdrop surrounded by silver. Same thing happens if you leave them in the sun for long.

10. Rodimal_Sigma

cool.. thansk for all the help guys

alrighty.. and leather is not outa the budget either.....18, live at home, zero bills= large disposable income lol... anyways... i like the idea with droping the red... now... i saw those autobot car emblems on ebay.. and i'm gonna get one of them... and possibly put it in place of the Z emblem on the front of the car.. move the emblem to the back of the car on the hatch and then have a larger autobot symbol airbrushed onto the hood.. and put a autobot decal in the rear window to... basicly similare to the sticker pattern on the toy.... to bad to hear about the rub sign.. maybe i can put one somewhere it won't get alot of sun... centre consol lid on the inside perhapse lol

11. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

Blue Bluestreak paintjob and a Chevy LS1 swap FTW.

12. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    Sun and heat kills the poor rub signs, so unless you have a way to keep the cabin cool all the time, then I'd forgoe it for something else.

If you have the budget, get some custom covered Recaro racing seats, with harness, ditch the back seat and make the interior into a comfortable-for-two joy ride. Either way you paint the car, original Bluestreak or original Smokescreen, would look cool.

If you get one of those AWESOME metal emblems, remember that they DO NOT come with mounting adhesive. You can resolve it with this stuff. I paid about $23 for it and through intense heat, heavy rain, and cold it keeps my metal emblem STUCK to my grille. I just had to cut some strips to cover the entire back. I've tried pulling it off, and it doesn't budge.

13. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    If you want to have some cool interior accents, when you get your seats reupholstered (as it sounds like you're going to do) have the shop put on an Autobot logo on the headrests on the driver's and passenger's seats.

14. Rodimal_Sigma

thats what i was gonna do

get the seats with autobot emblems on the head rests.... anime bluestreak colors are the final decision now.. man .. this is gonna be sweet.. i will strat posting pics to.... and i don't need to lose the back seat... it's already gone i got the coupe

15. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    If the shop is skilled, you have a couple of options. You can get the emblem silkscreened into the fabric where it is printed on, or another option (if they can do it) is they can embroider it with almost any color of your choice into the seat. The downside to an embroidered logo is it has a texture and you might have to rest your head on it. It may be "uncomfortable."

16. Rodimal_Sigma

well gonna see how much both things cost and go from there...lol... when i get pics i may start up a thread in the kitbash forum seeing as this is a form of kitbashing i guess lol thanks for all ur input to.. keep it coming it's helping out alot

17. Rodimal_Sigma

ok

came up with an idea last night... what do u all think about putting the lil autobot emelbem available on ebay on the valve cover instead of the hood.. thoughts?