need some expert opinions

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by shadow panther, Sep 25, 2008.

1. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
  2. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    I'd say to get a complete set in one shot, the price is right. 360 plus 15 shipping is 375 means they are $75 a piece. Pretty good deal and since the guy has over 50,000 feedbacks with a 99.7 positive rating they're probably what he says they are.

3. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    They look legit - but too expensive. The set should be in the $250-$300 range.

These guys are in excellent shape - there is zero chrome wear where it is normally seen (Sludge's tail, Grimlock's arms, etc) but it doesn't justify $75 apiece, IMO.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2008
  4. kllrwlf

kllrwlf Well-Known Member

If you don't want to work for it and just get it at one sweep, get the set.

You'll most likely spend $60 bucks less... but you'll have to set limits on the max that you would pay for each one, and go through several auctions for each figure. Might take you a couple of days, or a week or two.

I've bought stuff from dcsportscards, and he has a lot of feedback. I don't think he would knowingly sell repros as originals.

The thing to look for is chrome wear. It'll also be an indicator of how much it's been played with and possibly how loose it might be.

5. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah, all of them 100% IMO it is worth it. Those look to be in excellent shape

6. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    No
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes

7. blahduh

blahduh Well-Known Member

a) Not sure about swoop(Too little stickers), others seems ok.
    b) Looks good, but I never trust the pictures(they usually looks better than the actual toys, plus it's too bright, means harder to see the problem on the chromes). If you really want to make sure, you need to ask questions. Things like Snarl's leg tab, grimlock's neck tab, Slag's mouth(alot of them have this part loose), swoop's beak, etc.
    Easiest one to see chromewear is slag, plus his gun is broken on the top.
    c) No, even if you buy them seperately they would cost less(keep in mind the most expensive dinobot, swoop's price had dropped to around $60 complete shipped), there's no way I would pay $75 a piece for the dinobots. You should do some search on the completed auctions to check their price. The whole dinobot sets usually don't go for more than $300.
    d) I would say no, but if you don't mind about spending that much, go for it.

8. blahduh

blahduh Well-Known Member

Actually, you do need to ask seller some questions about snarl's leg. Both legs were not locked, so you need to make sure the tabs are not broken.

9. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    remember that if you want them cheap you have perhapps 5 single auctions that means 5 times shipping.