Need some Car info/recommendations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Metal Soldier, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

I'm looking for some recommendations and opinions. I have a truck right now but I'm seriously considering getting a car as my primary vehicle for driving to work and on trips out of town. There are two major factors first and foremost I want something that is going to be fuel efficient and the second is I want something sporty. The first car I can think of that fits is the Honda Accord but other than that I can't think of much. I generally don't keep up with vehicles other than what cool new sports cars are coming out so I don't know what the best range of options are. So any recommendations would be appreciated based off the following criteria.

1. Fuel Efficient (Hoping for at least 30mpg)
    2. Reliable
    3. Quick accleration and handling. (Not race level, but nothing sluggish like a stock Neon).
    4. Nothing more than 5-6 years old (I'm not looking at new cars though)

Any help will be greatly appreciated. And no Neons, I drove one for a while, hated it.

2. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

a civic si fits that to a t, except that you're not looking at new cars. the acura rsx gets good gas mileage as well, and a friend of mine had an audi a4 2.0turbo that he swore got in the low 30's on the highway. check www.caranddriver.com for reviews and road test comparisons.

3. Robb Wilder

Robb Wilder Rip Em Open, Set em Free! TFW2005 Supporter

Civic or Accord Hybrids are also good. The new Honda Fit is a nice looking Mini Car ... ALOT OF head room suprisingly...