Customs: Need some advice !!

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by lechuckgl, Mar 3, 2012.

1. lechuckgl

lechuckgl Active Member

Ok, I need some advice on how to customize a Masterpiece hand. I recently bought a Marterpiece Ghost Starscream, but it came with 2 right hands:

View image: IMG 1334

OHHH THE HORROR !!! As I don't expect to get any replacement part from Takara, I think the best I can do is to customize the hand to make it look like a left hand (buying parts or other figures is completely out of the question because where I live I cannot find such things and shipping cost is too high to buy then from ebay).

For starters, I would like to move just the thumb to the other side of the hand. What I am asking for is some advice on how to make the hole to snap the finger and retain it's articulation, as I never did anythins like this before.
    If this goes OK, I may move the other fingers to fully swap the hand from right to left.

Any tips will be appreciated. Thanks !

2. Shwiggie

Shwiggie Likeable dryskinned biped

3. lechuckgl

lechuckgl Active Member

4. thielmj

thielmj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would recommend if you purchased it from a store contacting them to see if they can replace the entire figure for you, I know generally stores like tfsource and bbts keep stock for situations like these

5. lechuckgl

lechuckgl Active Member

I purchased it at a small store during my vacations in China, so that option is not possible either :(