Need some advice...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Autobot Burnout, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Alright, so a guy I know says he has some TF's he's interested in selling. He hasn't taken an extensive inventory yet, but he has said he has at least the following:

-Energon Omega Supreme (both halves and complete mini-con headmaster, unknown count of the missiles)

-Energon Optimus Prime (possibly complete, trailer has a broken door but I've got a spare trailer from another E. Prime junker that is in perfect condition)

-Energon Wing Saber (All four components for the body are present, unknown status about the missile launchers)

-Energon Landmine/quake (he can't remember the color, but the alt. mode he described is of this mold. Has the robot and the "booster pack" accessory)

-Cybertron Swerve (possibly missing cyber key, but otherwise complete)

I'd just like to know what an approxamate minimum value I should offer this guy, since I want to be fair but he seems willing to let these things go for a nice price (he was going to sell these in a garage sale before I learned of them). I also want these figures as I largely missed out on the Energon and Cybertron lines due to a then-lack of interest, and trying to catch back up on those lines is being a pain.

2. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Neither Here Nor There

News Credits:
    $90 at the least I would say

3. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

Offer him $30. If he makes a face and you feel bad then give him more. If he was going to sell them in a garage sale he couldn't have been expecting very much.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Banned

40-50 maybe?

5. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    30-40 if he says more, than meetin the middle. ut 35ih is good to start to offer...

6. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Let's assume best case and that all figures are 100% complete and consult our friend Ebay:

E. Omega Supreme - $50 - $60 (Ebay)
    E. Optimus Prime - $35 - $50 (Ebay)
    E. Wing Saber - $30 (Ebay)
    E. Landmine - $10 - $15 (Ebay)
    Cyb Swerve - $7 (guess there are no completed auctions)

So if they were all complete you're looking at about $130 ish on the low side. Incomplete, I'd go $75 at the very most, especially if stuff is broken.

7. jerryitus

jerryitus Transformer vacuum

I'd assume he isn't expecting much based on the fact that he was going to sell at a garage sale (like $5-$10 each?). I'd offer $50 and expect him to meet you 1/2 way. Good luck.

8. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    Just ask him how much he wants for them before you make an offer. The price he wants might be lower than what you want to pay. If it's higher, then that's the time to haggle.

9. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'd go with this. Be sure to offer him a good price because if he's got more and you pay him fairly he'll be more likely to come back to you up the line.

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'd go with atleast $100.

Just for the complete Energon optimus Prime and combiner buddies alone.

11. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

$75-100 depending on completeness.

12. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    if you ask him what he wants, and he says a lower price than you expect (like if he wants 40), and you counter offer him 45$, not only will you still get a sweet deal, but for the extra 5 dollars, he will be more willing to give you great deals in the future.

This assuming he has more .

13. Autobot Burnout

Thanks for the advice, everybody. He came back to me today with a final analysis of the condition of what he's got to sell:

-E. Omega Supreme: Missing missiles, otherwise complete (WITH complete headmaster).

-E. Optimus: Only missing gun/missile and the aforementioned door problem with trailer, otherwise complete.

-E. Wing Saber: Complete short of missiles (has the launchers, though).

-E. Landquake: Probably missing the missile, otherwise complete.

-Cyb. Swerve: Missing Cyberkey and possibly the exhaust pipes, but has the gun and is in good condition.

His minimum price? $50. I bumped it up to $60 because most of the lot is Voyager sized and relatively still complete (no missiles, but that just means less parts to keep track of right now, and I could care less about Cyberkeys) and is at least around half of the combined MRSP of those figures. That way, he gets a nice chunk of change for his old junk and I can expand my collection a little bit more.

14. SaberBurst

SaberBurst Guardian

$50 (or more) is what I'll offer him to be honest.

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Nice!

I wish i had friends that had Transformers and are willing to sell them to me....

I thought you already had Energon Omega Supreme?

16. Autobot Burnout

You mean when he made that one appearance in my photocomic? Ah, yes, well, that OS actually belonged to another friend of mine and had loaned it to me. He's a big TF fan like all of us, though, so he wasn't going to give up his OS.

However, I'm not going to pass up the chance to get a cheap near-complete E. Omega of my own, no siree. The deal-maker is the fact he's got the mini-con head, though. I can not STAND that stupid "neck-head" supposedly being a back-up in case the head was lost.

But OS is low on the value of the figures that I'm buying. I don't own alot of the larger figures from Energon or Cybertron, so I'm looking foward to Landquake and Wing Saber (yes, I know WS is a brick, but with the E. Prime I'm buying he'll be excellent as I always thought the E.Prime/Wing Saber combinations were the coolest), and Swerve is just another generic Autobot (of which I never have enough of)

17. Autobot Burnout

Closed the deal today, turns out he found out he had Energon Overcast and threw it in the lot he was selling me as well. I gave him an extra $10 for it because Overcast is technically an Ultra class and his electronics still work along with the fact he's only missing the missile (he has the cool gun, though).

I'll post pics later, but man am I glad I spent that $70!

18. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sounds like you both came off happy at the end of the deal. If only they were all that smooth! :lol 

19. Autobot Burnout

Too true!:lol 

Anyways, here's a pic of the lot:
    [​IMG]

All that's missing outside of the missiles is Optimus' gun, the trailer door for the helicopter, and the little cab on the drill drone, all minimal bits that I can live without. Everything else is complete and only Landquake's electronics don't work (although I suspect dead batteries are the main problem).

All this for only $70, talk about a deal!