Customs: Need some advice - scratchbuild project (HELP)

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by jame5y, Mar 29, 2012.

1. jame5y

jame5y Till All Are One..In the UK Thread

Right guys, I am trying to put together (for nostalgia sake) a load of customs that remind me of the TFs I had when growing up. Now, we had little to no money and all I ever got by saving up was little tfs, combiner group members, firecons, throttlebots, minibots etc

So i'm almost done with cindersaur, so im planning my next, which I'm going to attempt to scratch build....(I was a product design teacher so I have some skillz aha)

I'm trying to produce Wideload

[​IMG]

^
    that guy.

I've put some plans in place but to transform it like it should, I cannot figure out any way of getting the bed of the dump truck where it needs to be in alt-mode.

One fix is to flip the bot round so the dump bed is spun 180 degrees - but then that isn't true to the old bot - but do you think it matters?

have a look at the blue print and if anyone can give me some advice that would be ace!!!

Attached Files:

• wide.jpg
      wide.jpg
      File size:
      284.7 KB
      Views:
  2. Hyre

Hyre Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So the original had a chest formed from what was in the dump bed with a skirt formed from the ridge at the 'top' of the bed? I'd say have the cab become feet, the back wheels become shoulders, and go from there. With a design this old, you might want to consider a reinterpretation.

3. jame5y

jame5y Till All Are One..In the UK Thread

Right I've been sitting all evening working this out, and I have work tomorrow, and its five to 2am!

I think I've worked out a transformation, an aesthetic that is sympathetic to the original, and one which allows the use of the original style of transformation.

I'm too tired to explain further but im sure the images below will explain and it would be great to get some feedback, because now i've worked it out, i'd like to get some materials and get cracking!

(all the rotations work too, i've checked!)

Attached Files:

• wl1.jpg
      wl1.jpg
      File size:
      194.3 KB
      Views:
    • wl2.jpg
      wl2.jpg
      File size:
      375 KB
      Views: