Need some advice on a fishy smelling issue(transaction wise)

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by G1_Cindersaur, Jan 19, 2011.

1. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    I sold a skyfall tf last dec 2010...item 180602693634

they paid dec22...

shows it got delivered dec 27th...i get a email tonite from the buyer alleging that they "just got back from vacation" and picked the item up from their leasing office and that it is cracked...they have said they will supply a picture.

I replied with the question why are you waiting until almost a month to report a problem with this shipped item?

I believe they are trying to pull a scam or get $$$ for their "troubles"

anyone know of anything that i can do since it has been almost a month since they paid to report a problem with the item?

a claim has not been filed with ebay yet but i'm not going to offer any sort of refund...and the auction says returns not accepted.

so chime in with opinions folks!

2. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Well as long as you have pics of it before you shipped the item and it was not 'cracked' or broken as their pics may show, then their only option, imo, is to take it up with the shipping service. So long as you packed and shipped it with a reasonable amount of care, there's nothing that you should be held responsible for.

3. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    a month has passed, doesnt matter if its the truth or not the time limit has passed where you are required to do anything for them.

Obviously as a good seller you might want to work with them but it doesnt stop them leaving some douche feedback :) 

4. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well this just happened to me also! Ebay will force you to take the item back and refund the buyer regardless of who is right.

1st, they will lockdown your paypal account for the amount owed to the buyer
    2nd, Once the case gets started, call and call... bitch to everyone and eventually they will send you over to the resolution department. Make ebay pay for the return postage!
    3rd, Once you get the item, if its damaged, call up ebay and they will refund the item price. Everyone gets 1 full refund so if the loss is that big, i'd take it.

Honestly, depending on how much he is asking for, i'd pay the blackmail fee to that SOB! Its easier and probably comes out cheaper in the end. Your going to burn A LOT of time on hold, it averaged a good 30-45 minutes every time I call so be sure to call from gmail, where the call is free lol

EDIT: send me a pm if you need any help. Be sure to get names and make sure the ebay person is taking case notes!

5. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 TFWM SUCK!!!!!

News Credits:
    I thougth when you purchased somethign you only had 45 days to file a complaint and if you didn't file one by then you couldn't?

6. Da_Last_2_Walk

Da_Last_2_Walk Da King Of Pre Rubs TFW2005 Supporter

You are getting some false information, so let me clarify for you.

The buyer has 45 days from the date of payment. This means that the buyer can open a dispute against you. All you can do is wait to see if the buyer opens a claim. If a dispute is opened, you will not have a choice to not give a refund. Also, when dealing with "item not as described" disputes, putting "returns not accepted" in the auction does not help you.

7. Grand_Maximus

Grand_Maximus Banned

This. You're basically screwed if the buyer files a claim if within 45 days. You will have to give a refund and you will take the item back.

8. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    That's just dumb. If the item was fine when u packed it and can prove with pics and if you have packed it with care so as to try to protect it as best you can, then it's left to shipping insurance if the item is damaged in transit. And if it's been 3 weeks since delivery then that option is pretty much expired, I would think.

If what is said above by a couple of the other members is true, then eBay and paypal really need to get their collective heads out of their collective arses.

9. sunlink

sunlink Be Transformed TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    postal insurance?

Other than that what everyone else said. If it was fine when you sent it and now it's broken whether a scam or not eBay's stance is always the seller is obligated to get the item to the buyer without issue. The only saving grace is if you have postal insurance which if you can prove the item was damage in shipping then your shipping service should pay for the replacement costs.

Good luck

10. Red Hope

Red Hope Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yes, its tru that ebay/paypal sides with the buyer. I sold an item that the buyer damaged later and forced me to take it back. I wasted a lot of time calling paypal and talking to them but they sided with the buyer. Best to either try to drag it out to the 45 days before they file or just take it back.

Its thanks to an experience like that, that I looked into moneybookers.

11. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    General question here:

Does Postal Insurance ONLY covers the cost of broken/damage items? Now what happens if the original box/packaging gets damaged instead while the item is still intact?

Being a Box Freak, I once had an item (insured, of course) delivered to me only to find out that the packaging box had gotten damaged with major bumps/dents resulting in vertical creases running amok all over the box. Toy is still perfect though...

So I called up the insurance company demanding for compensation & was told that the claim wasn't a valid one as it only covers the item, not the packaging that came along with it. :cry 

Imagine if you've an AFA'ed parcel that was crushed beyond words could describe, the whole thing's pretty much gone & all that is left was a decent toy...

That kind of situation... :redface2: 

12. anabolik1

anabolik1 Banned

Here in the states the item's package is covered too - well in my case it was...when filing the insurance claim you have to explain to the post office that the transformer (in my case) was classified as a collectible item (listed in the insurance list of covered goods) and that it's value is now greatly lessened by the damage to the packaging. After I did that and provided pictures, the postal service refunded me in 3 days - full value + original shipping cost less the cost of the insurance.

13. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    yeah..the joys of getting screwed by ebay...

Still..no picture as promised by the buyer..just a rant about he just got the package YESTERDAY..which i find absurd...vacation for over 3 weeks yet you just let your mail pile up in your leasing office?

I am not going to offer a refund or a return...maybe i will get lucky and he will not file a claim before time runs out on feb 7th.

14. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sellers have NO protection on ebay anymore . So you are pretty much screwed if they open a claim on you. Ebay needs to get there shit together and give buyers more protection from these deadbeats that are on ebay now.. Why give the seller the option to choose to not take returns on the item if in fact they will force you to take the return if some dead beat wants to scam you out of a few bucks..