Customs: Need some advice on a custom Dino/Mirage

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by blunghole, Apr 17, 2012.

1. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:
    I'm thinking about making a custom Dino/Mirage by taking a ROTF Dead End, sculpting a new head, adding some beef and feet to the legs, arm blades, and a reshelling. I have come to a bit of a roadblock though...I am unfamiliar with model kits. Should I go with a 1/24 Ferrari Italia 458 model kit to reshell, or should I go with a 1/32? Thanks!

2. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

1/32 if you're looking to create something in scale with a modern deluxe, 1/24 if you want something that scales with Alternators and Human Alliance.

Since you're using a deluxe as the base (ROTF Dead End), go with the 1/32.

3. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

First off, take a look at the custom Mirage that I'm working on right now. It's based on the TFP dlx Wheeljack.

Second, I searched for a 1/32 Ferrari Italia 458 model kit, and couldn't find one. I am planning to use the Maisto 1/24 scale kit for my HA version of Mirage, but that's still in the design phase.

If you want your custom to be to scale with the other DOTM vehicles, then you need to forget about using Dead End, as he's too big. There is about a 20-30 percent difference in size between the ROTF and DOTM figures.