Customs: Need right styrene sheets/plates to make hinge joints for custom ROTF Megatron!

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by OmarJT82, Feb 8, 2011.

1. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fellow TFW2005 Radicons, I am in need your advice/help :redface2: :

What brand/type/size of styrene plates/sheets would be perfect for me to custom make hinge joints for the right hand of 2007 Movie Leader class Megatron for my custom ROTF Leader class Megatron? :confused: 

The reason I ask is because I am planning to make a right arm that can transform into ROTF Megatron’s fusion cannon with working pincer claw using the right arm/fusion cannon from ROTF Voyager class Megatron has the base!

The joints that I want to make will allow his twin thumbs (the big middle fingers 2007 Movie Leader Megatron) to fold back to the side while the right arm is in “cannon” mode while his robot mode’s middle finger (the lower claw from ROTF Voyager class Megatron) will stay in place and double as the lower pincer claw in “cannon” mode!

The pics below outline the joints:

The “Y” joints (red) will be for the twin thumbs:
    [​IMG]

For the middle finger/lower pincer claw, the joint will have 2 parts. The first part (blue) will be flat on bottom to keep it fixed while the top will be "rounded" so that the second part (green) can move. The small black hole on the bottom of the first part (blue) will be for a rivet that will hold the hand in place when the arm is in its "normal" mode.
    [​IMG]

The second part (green) will be “H” shaped and have a larger area on top for the middle finger/lower pincer claw.
    [​IMG]

The ones in yellow are the side views of the joints where the rivets and/or screws will be inserted.
    [​IMG]

I am still in the process of trying to find the right parts and outlining how and where they will be installed. If that happens, I will finally have made an ROTF Leader class Megatron right arm that will not only transform into his fusion cannon with working pincer claw, but will have a right hand that will double as his chainlink flail (just like the one on 2007 Movie Leader class Megatron) and I will gladly post a step-by-step tutorial about this for all of you who are yearning for a left arm/cannon like this! :thumb 

But for now, as I said before, I need to know:

What brand/type/size of styrene plates/sheets would be perfect for me to custom make hinge joints for the right hand of 2007 Movie Leader class Megatron for my custom ROTF Leader class Megatron? :confused: 

Attached Files:

2. DMcB360

DMcB360 Radicon G2

get two sheet of 2mm thick styrene and a TON of super glue and clamp them together for the glue wile they dry. then with a 4mm thick slab you should be able to carefully make those parts. but I would be skeptical to think assembled peaces of styrene could make strong enough "throat" parts for all those small hinges. if I were trying to make what you designed I would use ROTF rampage's hands (just the joints of course)