Need recommendations/ideas on applying vintage stickers with additional adhesive

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by mweeuser, Mar 4, 2010.

1. mweeuser

mweeuser Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The title says it. I would like peoples experience on applying glue/adhesive to stickers.
    Both as a repair for curling ones and for applying new vintage stickers (due to worn down vintage adhesive) My concerns are not giving the sticker that "glued" look like a lot of glued paper gets and an adhesive that holds up good. Also, how do people apply it (brushing, spraying, etc)

Brand names and ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Elmer's Glue all. Non-toxic, dries clear and it doesn't hurt the plastic. Apply gently with a tooth pick or flattened straight paper clip. A moist "throw-away" cloth can remove any excess. I've never had a decal fall off after treating it like this.

3. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    Glue would be your best bet for stickers that are starting to peal; something like Backscatter suggested. For applying stickers that may have lost their adhesion you might try something like this:

[​IMG]

It adds a sticky backing to just about any paper like product, I use it to make custom stickers but it should work on stickers that may have lost their adhesion too. :D  Hope this helps :thumbs2: