Need Razr Help!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LadyStarscream, Jul 30, 2007.

1. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

I've only had this phone for a little over a month, but I'm past any type of warranty.

Well just randomly this weekend the phone went crazy. It was flashing from a white screen, to a blue screen, getting service, searching for service, half the buttons wouldnt work, and I couldnt power it on or off. Once the battery ran down, I tried to charge it and the phone wouldnt take a charge. So I let it sit overnight, then the next day it finally would take a charge, after charging overnight, I got the phone to turn on, but it was back to the flashing screens and randomly turning itself on and off. Help!

I dont know what to do. I can't return it or exchange it. I bought it unlocked.

2. optimus kimchee

optimus kimchee Well-Known Member

There you go, unlocking doesn't damage it but it voids the warrenty even if you had one, lol.

Get a new phone, that's your only option. Then again I stopped using my Razr last year when it started deleting numbers and turning on and off on it's own, lol

T-Mobile Dash FTW!

3. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

If its a verizon phone, they are REALLY good about swapping phones up to a year. Due to the "manufacturer warrantee" from motorola....do enough whining they will give in. if you dont mind making numerous calls, and asking for supervisors type thing comes in handy.

But other than that, I could only say do a "reset" type thingamajig.

Or try those lil update dealio's yknow like pressing #223 or somethin'.

4. Zeta Otaku

Zeta Otaku Who ya gonna call? TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Lady Starscream, if you can, get a different phone... Razrs are notorious for major issues... anything from hardware failure to battery life getting cut down to 30 minutes or less within a short period of time.

My sister works for Verizon and a majority of the cell complaints are about Razr phones.

5. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The main issues I see is RAZR and Verizon.

I have this combo as well and it is the most frustrating experience I have ever had being a cell phone customer.

If you can I would at least suggest getting a different phone (one that is not the RAZR).

6. atlianz

atlianz TFW2005 Supporter

My razr does the same thing once a month. I just take out the battery for a few seconds and put it back. The phone is a peace of ish though. The only reason I still have it is cause the phone I want does not come out till later this year (Sony Ericsson k850)

7. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've owned a 3 or 4 Motrorolas over the last 9 years or so, and whilst all of them had their problems my Razr was the worst phone i've ever owned by a long stretch. Clunky, slow software, horrible battery life and the ribbon cable in the hinge worked itself loose after three months.

Unfortunately, there's a pretty good chance your phone is or will soon be beyond economic repair.

8. Brownstreak

Brownstreak Banned

Get rid of it and get a new phone.

9. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

Hmmm. I got a Razor V3xx in March - Haven't had a single problem... Great battey life. Only ran down on me once... And that's because for three days I didn't realize that the charger I was using wasn't plugged in! LOL

Course I'm on Cingular/ATT - Not Vz.

10. LadyStarscream

I'm on Cingular too. I loved the phone when I first got it, I only had it a month, it cost me over 100.00 and now I have to buy a new phone, sucks! Anyone know how to flash a phone? I read a few forum posts and articles recommending to do that.

11. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

hacktherazr.com

You need to have a USB cable to your phone to computer, install the correct drivers, and download MotorolaPhoneTools and P2k commander....

Have motorola phone tools running while you open p2k commander to communicate with your phone.

Its kinda a in-depth process called "seem editing"..., as you have to download several programs, and a driver, to get your phone linked up with your computer.

On mine I had to turn on a setting called "enable OBEX transfers" on my phone using "seem editing", to my phone using these programs, to ALLOW the phone to accept a computer transfer. (Verizon really skimps features on the Razr with thier factory settings) also I dont think think they want the end-user to do these things. Hence voiding warrantee lol.

If youre phones already jacked, hey why not?

Or maybe theres a kiosk in the mall that will re-flash for you?

12. LadyStarscream

Ugh! Sounds complicated! :lol  Thanks for the info, I'll try and mess around with it!
    I already have the USB and the Motorola Phone Tools on disc, so I might as well give it a shot.

13. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    I had similar problems with my old Razr but I flashed it and replaced the Battery ($10 if you look hard enough) and It was solid. My kids Mom has it now and it's still going after 2 years.

I have a V3xx now and It's also solid, it's Cingular though.

14. kronos

kronos PSN = KRONOSX1

News Credits:
    I just got the V3M from sprint! Im hoping to have little problems. I left Tmobile because I have gone thru 3 Sidekick ID's in 2 months and their data service has been going down ALLOT. Out of a month i didnt have dats for 2 solid weeks. Unacceptable. AND they want me to pay $110 for a new Sidekick! Nah, i will just cancel my service and move on. Besides I have heard good things about sprint!

15. mrhillz

mrhillz Changed his user title. TFW2005 Supporter

I've had a K-Razr since the beginning of June, and luckily there haven't been any problems with it at all. Maybe they've fixed some flaws?

16. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Get a new phone. I have an LG CU500...not as thin as a Razr but its pretty close. Best phone I've ever had.

17. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

Why did you spend $100 on an unlocked RAZR when you could've gotten one from the carrier for just about as much, even without a contract if you haggled the customer service rep a bit?

There are so many different versions of the RAZR, each with their own library of issues. www.howardforums.com will have some info for you, but your best bet is to flash the memory. That doesn't guarantee a fix, of course - the way I see it, chances are that it's an older phone someone used on TMobile or another GSM network, it had it's issues, so they unlocked it and dumped it.

18. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

I got a V3X we got from my last workplace for free, right after they announced the closure of the mobile company I was working for... was nice. Worked great for about 4 months, barring the occasional reset and some slowness when it first powers on in accessing things, then the battery all but died... battery life went from 4 days to maybe 2 (but has recently lasted 3, has lasted as little as a day, go figure). Other than that, it's a good phone.

Different provider, though, this is through 3 in Australia, which was our little baby sister company before we got closed.

19. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

I ususally buy those ebay 2.99 knockoff batteries when I see the original fading away with standby time.

Do you guys think it help to drain the battery all the way down to 1 bar or so before you throw it on the charger to get more life out of it?

Or it doesnt matter? Cause I think these batteries have "memory" in them and if you charge it when its got 3 bars left, it's bad for the battery, or so I heard.....

20. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have a Fido Razr that went on the fritz out of nowhere -exactly two days after the warranty ran out-. Buttons not functioning, and the phone basically acting as though three or four of them + the volumn were being mashed on randomly.

Never again will I trust in one of the bloody things. They look awesome, feel awesome, and are made of glass. :(