Customs: Need opinion on stunticon choices....

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by ICEPnguin, Dec 16, 2008.

1. ICEPnguin

ICEPnguin Constructicon

k these are bot mode pics, but im sure you can tell what i was thinking i don't have any cept a spare sideswipe. so i can't tell figure size... but any info?

Motormaster-animated optimus prime
    breakdown-classics sideswipe
    deadend-movie jazz
    dragstrip-Energon Prowl
    wildrider-cybertron blurr

Attached Files:

2. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Whoa... weird combo!

Sideswipe and Movie Jazz are roughly the same size (though SS is taller). Armada Prowl is quite a bit bigger than the others in both modes. Cybertron Blurr is not very big in the body... but has a whole figure's worth of kibble hanging off of him. TFA Prime is about average for a Voyager, so head and shoulders taller than any of these guys.

I think your biggest challenge will be style. These are 5 extremely discordant figures. Jazz's movie style and Prime's Animated style will probably clash with the others, and Prowl and Blurr turn into imaginary space-age cars... which will clash with Sideswipe and Jazz's more realistic style.

I'm not saying it can't be done, but I'm not sure it's a good line-up for a team of Stunticons.

zmog

3. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    It's funny you mention the design aesthetic clashes SMOG. I think it would make quite an interesting series jumping, timeline crossover Menasor! I certainly would never thought up that combo, but maybe that's what intrigues me! I am continually fascinated by the differences in vision among us Radicons. It's what keeps me coming back for more! I think you should go for it!:thumbs2: 

4. Altitron

Altitron Commercial Artist

Ebay:
    There's some videos on You Tube of a guy using Classics limb bots and a Leader Animated Prime for Menasor. You can probably run a search on that and it'll pop up. Interesting stuff, like this potential custom here.

I myself don't really agree with the wide variety of design aesthetics, but then again, that's just my opinion. With a combiner, you're going to have a lot of stuff thrown together in an attempt to make a cohesive, hopefully greater, entity. It just makes it easier to accomplish this when everyone looks somewhat similar beforehand.

- Alty

5. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I like the idea of using 1 mold from each line. It's quite refreshing.

6. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    Cool approach, but I agree with SMOG also, Things like prime's detail vs. Jazz's will look odd when completed.

7. ICEPnguin

ICEPnguin Constructicon

Well, i have seen a couple versions on this and i don't want to just copy what others have done. but i agree at the same time that i want the figures to be kinda similar in style. i just wish there was a ferrari made at some time there are multiple f1 style cars, lot of lambos, and even several porsche-esk looking vehicles. so any other suggestions to pick from since this group is too varying?

8. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Well, I like the idea of Prowl as Dragstrip and using the SS mold for Breakdown. Those are no-brainers.

I'd consider the BB 08 Camaro mold instead of Jazz. It's better to work with and it blends in well with the other molds while still posessing its own aesthetic.

I like TFA Voyager Prime for Motormaster.

9. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    How about use the Walmart Breakaway for Breakdown (also the same mold as cybertron Hot Shot and Excellion)

Cybertron Override could be a good Dragstrip or another Stunticon. She has pretty good articulation compared to Blurr's which is horrible