Need opinion/advice re: MISB

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jourdo, Feb 5, 2006.

1. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Let's start this off by saying that I am not a MISB/MIB collector. I belive setting the poor toys free from their respective prisons is the right thing to do.... My opinion only.

The issue I am having is with my Alternators... well Grimlock and Swerve to be precise. Both of these poor Alts have suffered some injuries. Grimlocks door busted on an over-zealous transform... which has since been repaired. Swerve's missle launcher just fell off... right out of the box... This is not really an issue as I've transformed him in such a way to tuck the launchers in a safe spot so they don't fall out.

Now here is my problem. Both bots display fine and look good.... BUT they are both technically damaged. I am not that concerned about resale (that is not why I collect TF's). However... it bugs me when my stuff is busted. I do have MISB spares of each of these and have been hesitant to sell them off as they should be in perfect condition.

I am currently looking to get rid of all the extras from my collection as they are just taking up space in the basement. I'd love to help out others (especially with Swerve) but also don't want to mess up my collection in the process.

So.... what are your thoughts/opinions? What would you do? Keep 'em or dump 'em.

Thanks,

Matt

2. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Id keep the MISB versions and try and get rid of the opened/repaired ones.

3. Napjr

Napjr <b><font color=gold>Mr. Internet</font><br><font c Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    as long you give a fair price for each figure, and state the problem (and if possible, provide pics), then you shouldnt worry too much about it

4. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    A lot of people are looking for loose Alts, whether if be for the figure itself or for parts for kitbashes.

5. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    swerve was really limited, and like decepticharge, will likely not recieve another run. he's going to go up in value MISB, just like tracks did until his re-release.