Need metric help

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Insane Galvatron, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Can someone confirm the diameter of the handle/post/peg of a targetmaster weapon? I have a dial caliper and it is in US measurements. I come up with .195 inches, which I think equals 4.95 millimeters. Does anybody know the size in millimeters of the post? Or more accurately, the size of the fist hole in classics and G1 figures?

2. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    5 mm i think is the standard, i don't have a caliper handy

3. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    As far as I'm aware the standard fist hole size is 5mm, so I'd imagine the post being just slightly smaller. I just so happen to have G1 Targetmaster Triggerhappy's Nebulan companion to hand so I wiggled his gun in a few modern TF figures. The fit is very tight but it does just about fit in the ones I tried. That said, I felt pushing the peg in all the way would result in either the gun getting stuck or splitting the hand. Most I risked was a couple of millimetres, which is still enough if you want a modern TF to hold a G1 Targetmaster gun.
    I tried measuring the peg with a vernier scale but mine is kinda old and it jammed.
    Most earlier G1 figures had fist hole sizes all over the place though.