Need interview questions for Warped Tour bands

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ORIO, Jun 22, 2010.

1. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Next Wednesday the radio station I work for is going down to the Warped Tour and me and another DJ are gonna be doing interviews. Here's a list of bands playing. Anyone have any burning questions they want answered from these bands?

EDIT: This is the list of bands we're requesting to interview, but they'll probably be more. There is a full list of bands on warpedtour.com just click on the Las Cruces date.

Andrew W.K.
    Attack Attack
    Bring Me The Horizon
    Enter Shikari
    Face To Face
    Four Year Strong
    Motion City Soundtrack
    Parkway Drive
    Set Your Goals
    Sum 41
    The Dillinger Escape Plan

Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
  2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    To Andrew W.K. : You're an artist who's not afraid to challenge himself with work in areas that would seem outside their niche to others, eg. Your Gundam/Anime albums, your appearance at the Gathering of The Juggalos. Why are you willing to take on such projects, and how do you approach them?

How are you able to stay so positive?

You are given carte blanche to throw a party. Cost, logistics, and the laws of time/space/physics are no longer an issue. Describe your party.

You've been a darling of the internet "subculture", and have seemed to embrace it, to a certain degree. Why and how have you decided to do this, and what do you hope the relationship between you and the internet grows into?

To Sum41: You're very popular in a number of different countries nowadays, do you still feel like you're a "Canadian" band, or an international one? Do you feel that there's any real difference between the two?

You've done a lot of work with War Child Canada, what drew you to this particular charity, and what do you feel is the role of musicians in enacting positive change in society?

Set your goals: You guys have contributed to a number of "cover" albums. What led you to put your own spin on crunk and acoustic music, and why do you think covers remain such a part of the "punk" scene?

To everyone: What role do you think the internet has in building awareness for a band, especially one in a traditionally less-mainstream genre as punk/alternative, and what do you feel musicians are going to have to do differently as downloading continues to change how the business of music is done?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
  3. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^Thanks man :) 

I definitely want to ask Andrew W.K. how he got discovered. I heard Dave Grohl saw him performing on a street corner. So, I hope he can elaborate on that story :) 

4. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    TDEP: when will the Ben Weinman Remix Album come out, and when will you be touring in NM again?

and i dig that Set Your Goals question... love those dudes...

5. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Dude, just ask him how to Party Hard... and let him know I will love him for all time because of that song and the video for "She is Beautiful" which is the most retardedly fucking awesome music video I have ever seen ever.

6. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    To Andrew WK: How do you keep your whites looking their whitest?

7. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

8. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i'm totally going to ask him that :lol 

9. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Ask Bring Me The Horizon why they wouldn't fucking lend my band their drumset when ours broke at the gig when they supported my band at Joseph's Well in Leeds :mad  :lol 

10. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    For Face to Face:

You guys have been together for a long time (in band years). What keeps you motivated (aside from money) to keep doing it? Also, Can you play Disconected with your eyes closed yet?

Question for Set Your Goals: With a band name like Set Your Goals, what important goals have you set for the furture of the band.

11. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    To Dillenger Escape Plan: You've gained a reputation for being hardcore and intense, and kept it for more than a decade. To what do you attribute your longevity? Do you feel that punk, emo, and other alternative streams of music are becoming "softer" as time has gone on? What do you see happening to the hardcore scene as other sub-genres have become and/or are becoming more acceptable and marketable in the mainstream music industry?

12. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Any other Q's? Show is tomorrow! :D 

13. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Hmmm...

For all bands.

Do you...uh...like...um...stuff?