Need Instructions For Long Smokestacks...Please Help!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by OptimusAutobot, Dec 13, 2006.

1. OptimusAutobot

OptimusAutobot Banned

I just recently bought a set of long smokestacks for my 20th Anniversary DVD prime and they didn't come with instructions.

Can someone please post the instructions in this thread via link or maybe just write a detailed description of how to get the things on my Optimus.

THANK YOU in advance to anyone who posts!!

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    It's very simple. Just take out the three (I think) screws on his upper arms, and carefully pull them apart. Be careful not to loose the spring in there.

Once apart, it should be obvious. Just switch out the old stacks for new, being careful to put the spring back as you found it. Reassemble.

3. OptimusAutobot

OptimusAutobot Banned

I have a couple more questions. When you remove the back portion of the upper arm, Does the whole arm then come off?

Also, How easy is it to put back together once you get the long smokestacks on? Especially if the whole arm comes off when you remove the back.

If someone out there is getting ready to put the long smokestacks on their 20th Optimus, would it be possible to post pics on here or in one of the galleries when you do it?

THANKS FOR POSTING!!!

4. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

Just do it, it's easy. I did it to mine about a month ago and I have little to no skill for these type of things. Just remember there are 2 large screws and one super tiny screw. I replaced it all but the spring wasn't going in right, so I left it off. My stacks were actually very snug over the peg so the spring wasn't really needed as the stacks don't really move now.

5. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If the spring pops out, remember there's only so many ways it can fit. Just keep patience for the right fitting. I've done the stack replacement for both 20th Prime and DVD Prime. 20 minutes each tops. Just be sure you have the right screwdrivers before you start. I found a small precison set at my local Giant Foods so these screwdrivers aren't too hard to find either. Oh, and the whole arm will come off when you remove the screws. It goes back together easily enough.

6. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's really one of the easiest modifications you can do. 3 screws, swap parts, put it back together. The hardest part will probably be finding a screw driver small enough.

7. agesthreeandup

agesthreeandup Energon Supplier

News Credits:
    Not to be an ass but I assume you did not buy your stacks from me. Ah well, each set of stacks we sent out has a detailed instruction sheet full of images that make the process very simple. One of the perks of buyin A3U's chrome stacks.

Spencer.

8. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

I was thinking about buying some, so I'll probably get them from you, thanks for the reminder!

9. OptimusAutobot

OptimusAutobot Banned

I might end up buying a set from you and selling my extra set on ebay. Do you still have plenty in stock?

10. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Can't recommend these enough! Great instructions.

11. Knormal

Knormal Well-Known Member

Are you planning on making any non-chromed stacks to match the current Hasbro 20th Anniversary Prime? I'd like to get some long stacks for it, but since there's no other chrome on the figure I think they'd look kind of out of place.

12. Golgo-013

Golgo-013 The Professional

I can vouch for the agesthreeandup stacks, they are the best. Don't bother with the metal ones on ebay as they are smaller and molded crooked.

On the stacks install, the agesthreeandup stack's mounting hole is made extra tight to provide a perfect fit on the peg. If you find that the stacks are too tight on the peg and do not rotate smoothly, scrape some material off the inside of the Stack's mounting hole. Do not scrape material off your Prime.