Customs: Need input on ideas for IDW battlechargers.

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by SPLIT LIP, Jul 19, 2008.

1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    So, I've basically got this idea to do as many of the IDW universe udes as I can. Most have come along nicely with me hitting a snag at pretty much the Jets and Blitzwing.

However, even though I plan to do the Battlechargers. I can't find anything that would make a decent representation of them.

That's where this thread comes in, I'm basically asking for help on choosing who I use as the base fig for these two knuckleheads. I've been considering using Movie Jolt since I have Crosswise and they are both sporty and powerful looking Alt modes, but I'd need to fix the issues with back kibble.

Any ideas? Bear in mind they'd need to be recent as I'd have to be able to just go out and buy them at the local shop.

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I've seen great customs of Runabout and Runamuck from the Bumblebee mold.

3. JOHNDILLINGA

JOHNDILLINGA This Space For Rent!

News Credits:
    With some modding the Sunstreaker mold might work.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Sunstreaker might work. I don't know how well Bumblebee would work (I assume you mean classics?) since I'm going for a more IDW-inspired pair.

If I could have it my way I'd just buy two Camaro SS models and reshell classics BB, but I don't have the skills.

If I used Sunstreaker, I could remould the head... but I would need to remould it exact to fit the gimmick. Hmmm, could work.

5. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I've given some thought to this myself...

The only thing Sunstreaker has is the roof on his chest. You -might- be able to rig up the hood of the car behind his head to get that distinctive backpack look the battlechargers have...

Classics BB has the same transformation scheme, but is too small and inoffensive in both modes.

Energon Downshift is the obvious choice (and easy to find online). The transformation can easily be rigged to resemble the Battlechargers, the alt mode looks aggressive and muscley, and the heads could be bashed into the destructive duo pretty easily. It would take some work if you wanted to improve the leg articulation though.

Dammit... we really need some good new car molds, eh? :) 

zmog

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    No kidding. You don't realize just how few there are until you really sit back and count 'em.

Maybe Hasbro will do them in Universe the same way they "made" Ratchet and Ironhide. They don't look particularily much like the IDW versions, but they have enough design similarities to work.