Customs: Need Ideas and advice for a custom G1 combiner.

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by pilot00, Mar 7, 2018.

1. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

The story thus far: I have in hand three junker combaticons: Onslaught, Blastoff, Brawl. I also have a Junker Breakdown a first Aid, a KO fireflight and an Air Raid.

Now I already have 2 sets of full Bruticus (Brutici?) so I dont need to complete another Decepticon combiner. It dawned to me though, that since the combaticons are junkers (their parts have been donated to restore my childhood ones) I can fix them and turn them into an Autobot. The process will ofc include fixing them, repainting them and actually recasting parts. Onslaught and Brawl miss out their backweapons and Brawl the turret completely. So I thought since they will be Autobots (if they be that is) that I would modify them. I thought of tweeking Onslaught into a missile launch ICBM truck and Brawl into an MLRS launcher, since his vehicle chasis is tracked. It also occured to me that I could go with a more cybertronian style on Brawl and fitting some plasma cannons akin to 40k as a turret on him.

So my questions are these: First of all how does any of it sound?Good, lame, horrible? Second do you have any other ideas on what to modify Onslaught and Brawls alt modes? If yes you are welcome to say so and post a pic or two as well.

Second he colourscheme. This goes hand to hand with the question that if I should make them Autobots in the first place. Take note that I dont own a single Autobot combiner, but 4 Decepticons two of them been Bruticus.

Third. Which should be the other two limbs on the combination? I think Air Raid and the KO of fireflight would match (with different paintjobs ofc) since they are combat craft already and FirstAid and Breakdown are civilian vehicles. Thoughts?

Fourth: Does anybody know if the face masks/helms of the other combiners fit onslaught? (OFC not Devs, Menasors or Defensors). I really would like to swap the helmet rather than use a Bruticus one.

Thanks for reading and any tips.

2. RobotKnight95

RobotKnight95 Unamused and Insane

News Credits:
    my old idea list

Smelter/Foundry - Based off steel being melted down with extreme heat and utilizing as weapons. Colors are yellow and black (main colors), fiery red and sky blue (highlight colors).

Buddhist/Monk - An alternative to the typical samurai or ninja theme. Theme centers the tranquil personalities and hesitation to violence unless necessary. Colors are Yoketron inspired; black and white (main colors), gold and grey (highlight colors) .

Arctic Expedition - Arctic camouflage and cryo weapon themed group. Colors are white and blue (main colors), orange (highlight colors).

Magician - Not utilizing actual magic but advance technology to simulate the effect. Colors are purple and black (main colors) , white and pink (highlight colors).

Space Exploration - Exclusive use for space-faring vehicles. Colors are white and black (main colors), blue and orange (highlight colors).

3. pilot00

I assume those are for bio/background ideas and colourscheme correct? Thank you sir, they sound very interesting. Any input on the modifications?

4. RobotKnight95

RobotKnight95 Unamused and Insane

News Credits:
    I think they're worth it for the goal of a more unique design. Avoiding repaint syndrome.

5. pilot00

Right now, in the state Onslaught is, there is no avoiding it I am afraid. So I thought why not? After all a 3rd Bruticus would be boring.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Agamus

Agamus Not an Iguana

A turretless Brawl? Maybe you could do some variation on Big Rescue Force (aka Autobot Liokaiser).

7. pilot00

I was considering something like a multiple missile launcher?

8. Backbeat

Backbeat Well-Known Member

Maybe a crane arm?

9. pilot00

You know....It could work and as a custom it would be a challenge and I like it. Problem is I want to keep the theme of the combat vehicle.

Yet the suggestion is brilliant and noted. I might act on it, thanks!