Need ID quick!!!!

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by nectarsis, Sep 9, 2007.

1. nectarsis

nectarsis I have ZAZZZZZZZZZ

2. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    Welcome to the Cheap Ass Gamer forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to our forums and displays more advertising.
    By joining our free community you will be able to access our popular Video Game Deal Forum, post and reply to topics, trade with other users, and much more.
    Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, register at Cheap Ass Gamer today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

3. nectarsis

4. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Its from web diver I think, I can find out the name, gimme a minute.

5. nectarsis

worth a trade for a MISB alt Prime??

I have heard of web diver...but what are they exactly??

6. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  7. wrecker

wrecker Particle man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Webdiver

W-06 Phoenikon

In vehicle mode, it's a futuristic bullet train. In fighter mode, it's a winged phoenix. Emblem lights up (via two LR44 batteries) and spring-loaded missiles fire.

[​IMG]

8. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I think it's worth maybe $15... I'm pretty sure BBTS has some in stock...

9. nectarsis

Thanks for the help guys...it's part of a trade on another borad :) 

....cool toy/worth it??

10. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
  11. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    It's supposed to be ok. Nothing great, though.

If you want to know if the trade is worth it, maybe you should list the whole thing.

12. nectarsis

the part of the trade...is for Alt Prime MISB...for this.....doesn't seem worth it...lol

13. nectarsis

Thanks for the help everyone :) 

14. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Phoenixion is one of the common and lower desired figures from Web Diver, I purchased mine for $6 MISB 5 years ago, and I've seen them on eBay for $3 usually with another figure and not selling just a few weeks ago.

As a figure, it's all right, as it's one of the few figures in the line that doesn't have a robotlike mode, it's instead a Pheonix, who for some strange reason even comes with a sword it can't use. The Train mode isn't too bad, and the weapon mode is pretty cool as far as weapon modes go.

However, the appeal of it as part of the game system is more substantial, as it is one of the figures that is fully supported in the Web Diver series as a fully usable weapon in the video game Web Diver. If you're not familiar with the system and lack the core component Gradion/Gladion, it's not really much of a collectible.

Web Diver was the first series that Takara tried to mate a Video Game system and a toy together; Gradion/Gladion actually plugs into the TV and is a fully operational video game system, to which Phoenixion and several other figures can modify, adding new weapons and attacks to the game. The series did poorly due to it's excessive price (Due to the IR data system that it uses to commuicate and activate game components), and high production resulted in excess quantities, even with import stores in the US, resulting in the market prices collapsing as stores tried to get rid of them, resulting in all but a few figures being practically valueless today.

If you're after a MISB Phoenixion, for an alt Prime, that's a pretty poor trade IMHO on your end. Patience and eBay should net you one without too much trouble if you wanted it, and if you're not after a MISB Pheoxion, it's a really bad trade; hoping to resell or trade that, forget it, you'll probably have trouble giving it away.

Personally, I have a complete Web Diver collection and I'm working on an article about it for ToyFare Magazine. I like Pheonixion, but in view of the total collection, he's in the bottom half without a doubt. Sorry I seemed to miss the major action, but still, figured I should share.

15. PopCulturePooka

PopCulturePooka Longest running avatar

I need to say though... Gradion is an AWESOME figure, especially if you like the Beast Machines design ethic.

Very well articulated and designed figure.

16. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

I have this figure. I think the Prime is worth more.

I would like to have the central figure to play the video game, but it's never been a huge priority for me.

There are some neat figures in Web Diver for sure. I still want a Gallion (viking galleon that transforms into a Chinese-looking dragon). I like the hovercraft guy and the centaur guy.

17. nectarsis

Thanks for the help (espically Pravus :) . I dropped that part of thr trade, because between the advice here, and Ebay...I know it wasn't worth it...lol...I may get some of these, but at Ebay prices (I feel bad for the girl I'm trading with....they Web Diver had a $49.95 sticker on iy..I hope she didn't pay that much).

18. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Dude... entirely unfair. I've got a Webdiver collection hurting for a Wyverion, I've never once seen it available at any time.

The line is fun though, some like Daitalion, Gradion, and Golemon are excellent toys. Too bad the line fell on it's face.

19. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Heh, I pre-ordered Wyverion along with Doragon through BBTS when the line was still coming out, as I was collecting all the TF Dragons and really loved Gallion, and had at that point Gallion and Gradion as my collection of Web Diver. I held off getting more because of the high prices and because of persistant rumors that Konami and Hasbro were going to bring Web Diver to the US. Then about two years after the line ended, I decided to pick up the entire line, and actually with one store, managed to get get every figure except Daitalion for 75% off, which they had run out of stock on. Laughably, because of my lack of dilligence, I now have two Golemons (Seperately and the gift pack), which turned out OK, due to the twin head nature, and the ambiguious shape design.

I'd end up hunting for Daitalion for years, before snagging one on eBay for $20 MISB. I couldn't believe my luck, and got it, for a complete collection; That includes the RP sword, watch, and Magical Statation, Flash Docking Gradion, etc.

As is my understanding, Wyverion was produced in low numbers due to it being the last figure of the line, and those numbers were further cut down as the figure also came in a gift pack with Gradion. The weapon mode actually makes the game impossible, as it covers up the controls. (There's no in game weapon like the later figures), but the combination mode is really nice. The figure is OK, but the plane mode is incredible IMHO.

Right now, they, along with my Daigunder collection are in a china cabinet in the living room on Display. (Permanently on display I think.) Sadly, that collection is incomplete; I'm missing the two Dinosaurs, V-03 Tri-horn and ROM R-02 Bonerex. Of the two, Daigunder has been by far the harder to complete. (But, IMHO, the better game system)