need help...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by vector, Aug 12, 2007.

1. vector

vector City Commander

Ebay:
    For all who have read Stormbringer......The version of prime in thsi book, what virsion is he supposed to be? He looks remanisent of War Within. Anyone know??

2. decepticon665

decepticon665 the amazing bored-man!

as i understand it,ww is considered part of the idw continuity and occurs before stormbringer.i could be wrong.

3. Mixmaster

Mixmaster 4F 68 A0 54 69 74 73 21

News Credits:
    Version?, I don't know. Stormbringer Prime has similarities to War Within Prime, but they are different on closer inspection. The centre of SB Prime's chest is recessed in relation to his headlights, whilst WW Prime's protrudes. The headlights are different aswell, WW Prime's lights are much smaller, and he has additional ones in his shoulders, whilst SB Prime has much larger headlamps, trying more obviously to homage G1 Prime.

4. Mixmaster

Mixmaster 4F 68 A0 54 69 74 73 21

News Credits:
    I think the contrary is true. The IDW continuity is completely separate from the Dreamwave continuity.

5. Trek

Trek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is Prime's IDW cybertronian mode. It's basied on a modified version of the War Within design.

On a separate note - The War Within (like the rest of Dreamwave's stuff) is not part of IDW's continuity.

6. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Unlike Dreamwave who tried to fit in with both the G1 cartoon and comic, IDW is their own continuity; G1 completely rebooted. They may make references to things that happened in the old days, but in this series its as if they're happening for the first time.

In other words, it's a version completely unique to IDW (even though it looks vaguely like War Within). It's their Cybertronian Prime.