Non-TF: Need Help with TFT LCD's Power Supply

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by autobotx23, Mar 1, 2009.

1. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Hey fellow Radicons. Im working on a lil dream project of mine, and I'm finally ready for the electronics. Ive dissassembeled a Zen Micro PMP and gutted her out for the custom.

Problem!!! I need a longer ribbon that leads from the screen to the motherboard.

[​IMG]

I know we have a lot of different work and hobby backgrounds here in the Radicons. Can anyone lend me some guidance? I've looked all around the web for replacement components and longer ribbons, but cant seem to find what I'm looking for.

If you give help me get squared away, I'll even let you know what the project is. here is a hint...it ain't what you think. :thumb  (plowking, HUSH!!! :lol )

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2009
  2. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    o_O  This looks like it will be epic in terms of coolness. Botcon entry?

Cant help you though, sorry.

Edit* Do you have Fry's Electronic's stores in your area? They sell all kinds of stuff and I think I have seen ribbons there before.

3. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    whoa , that's a tough one.

the ribbon is just wiring. You can manually hard wire from (a) to (b) if you can solder the exposed metal and then connect on the receiving corresponding metal.

I would start by searching ebay for ribbons, you might get lucky and find one this size. Does it have a clip as well? The ribbon just needs to have matching wiring on their insides.

4. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Nope, not for Botcon. More of a personal challenge to step my game up. Though, I had planned a Prime for Botcon, im kinda taking a break from new Primes until I knock a few commsisons out, so you never know!

They do!! Ill hit one tommorrow on the way home from work. Thanks Tony.

I looked on eBay a bit, nothing really. I may have to hand wire one, though Im frightened to try and mess it up. I ordred 2 back up screens today, juist in case. They arent more than $50 a piece. But they all have the same short ribbon that plugs into the motherboard.

5. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    good luck. I can't wait to see ya pull it off.

6. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

I would try Lumenlab

Flat Flexible Cable - DIY Projectors

They are pros at this stuff. I built one of their original projectors, itwas fun. It appears they have been working on a CNC machine as well.