Need help with Shiping problem

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by UnicronHound, Sep 11, 2007.

1. UnicronHound

UnicronHound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey there, I've been buying and selling on ebay, and TFW2005 for a while now, and this idiot(erfredy68-2) that I've bought from before has instated a new policy. Where You only pay 1/2 of the shipping on each item as long as you win 2 or more. I thought that it would be ok though high, but only by a couple bucks, then he turns around and slams this in my face:

1988 SLOG FIGURE Pretender Monsters Transformers 1 US $2.99
    April Newscaster Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles NIP 1992 1 US $4.99
    1988 Icepick Figure Pretender Monsters Transformers 1 US $0.99 STINKBOMB Beast Wars Transmetals 2 Transformers NIP 1 US $2.99
    RETRAX Evil Predacon Beast WarsTransformers NIP 1996 1 US $4.99

Subtotal: US $16.95
    Shipping and handling via US Postal Service Priority Mail:
    US $28.75

Other shipping choices:

US Postal Service Parcel Post: US $26.35

Shipping insurance (Optional US $1.65): --

Total: US $45.70

So I emailed him the following message:

Sorry but there is no way in hell I'm going to pay nearly $30 on shipping for something that'll cost at the most $10.

He replies:

DID YOU RERAD THE LISTING? WHY DID YOU BID? NOW YOU DON'T WANT TO PAY? WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO ABOUT THIS?

Then I just now replied back saying:

You can't just charge honest shipping like you used to do? I send and receive packages all the time and no one is as big a rip off as you are on shipping. The most it should cost(if you were to buy a new box for the items) would be $15. If I had known that you were going to charge that much I'd NEVER have bid on it.

Any suggestions on how to proceed from there?

2. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    While I can see where you're coming from from a logical standpoint, if you read his rules and read the very clearly marked shipping costs... I'm not sure where you think you can get out of it. You pay full price for the highest shipping cost, then 1/2 off for the rest of them... comes out to probably what you paid in shipping.

3. TTT

TTT OutOfCommissionToys.com

News Credits:
    I NEVER buy anything unless I know how much the seller is going to charge me for S&H.
    There is just way too many sellers out there that don't give a flying fudgesicle about ripping you off for "handling fees"
    You can also file a complaint w/ eBay for excessive charges but it may be like talking to a brick wall, especially if the charges were listed in the item(s) description.

It doesn't matter how bad I want it....I will wait 100 years.....I won't buy from anyone who is making money off S&H.....period.

Good luck.

4. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    give him $2 to relist and let him be on his way

5. zap dragon

zap dragon Well-Known Member

tell him you bought from him in the past
    and charged fair shipping then henceyou did not read his "new rules "
    offer to pay fair shipping or he can agree to mutaly agree not to complete transaction so he can get his ebay fees back

6. joopsta

joopsta loves Animated

News Credits:
    Since I live in the Netherlands I got this issue all the time. I even made some statements in my Ebay page for this. When I want to bid on something, I always send out an email to ask how much shipment will cost. If someone charges more than the actual ship, negative feedback will be given.
    But I can tell you, there are a lot of sellers who charge a couple of bucks more. If you sell 50 items a day, do the math.