Need help with purchase

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by PrimusPrankster, Aug 17, 2012.

1. PrimusPrankster

PrimusPrankster Member

found this lot on craigslist. The lady wants $125. is this a good deal?

Edit: from what I can see omega is missing his head, and the bruticus is a KO if this helps anyone.

Attached Files:

2. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yup I think so.

3. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

if you like pile of incompletes.

4. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd say so. Energon Omega fetches a good amount, though I can't tell if the head is there. E-Prime and Megatron look complete, except maybe for the missiles.

5. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    It might just squeak through. There's a few nice G1 in there, although some could be reissues. Depends on if they have the accessories. I see Unicron's Minicon in the middle of the shot, isn't he worth a few small quid? The Armada Optimus' base platforms are in bits and possibly missing. Is E Megatron's tank thingy missing the barrel? What's that just peeking in from the lower righthand side?

I'd probably offer less though, just because it's impossible to tell how complete much of it is.

6. AMG

AMG Old School

Headless Omega Supreme toys sell for $50 alone. That looks like a good deal from what I see.

7. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

it's not just headless, it's missiles less, and missing at least one hip guns. i mean sure if you put in the time and effort, you MIGHT be able to break even for the lot, but unless there's something in the pile you can use specifically, it's generally not worth the effort especially the pile is bunch of incomplete armada/energon stuffs. offer him something like $75 that's probably what you can get for the incomplete omega supreme, energon optimus, and energon megatron. the rest of armada/energon stuff's you'd be lucky to get $5-10 a piece.

8. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    If it's just for reselling at a profit I'd say forget it. If it's just because you want some figures for yourself then offer less.
    That I did not realise, but then I'm not in the market for one so it's not been on my price research radar. I regularly see headless Energon Omegas at car boot sales for maybe a couple of quid and always pass on them because it's missing the most important part. To be honest though I wouldn't pay $50 for a headless Omega.

9. PrimusPrankster

PrimusPrankster Member

thanks for all the help and info. I have decided to pass. there were a couple I wanted and the rest I was going to trade. just not a good enough deal for me. if anyone is interested though, it is on the dallas craigslist posting. thanks again for all the opinions.

10. AMG

AMG Old School

You could make a little money on those.

Neither would I.

11. igniz1984

igniz1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd offer $70 to the lady, take it our leave it. Lot's of incomplete stuff and some from armada. Not a lot of interest in that line. Although the energon megatron fetches a good amount of change if it's in good shape.

12. Rodimus89

Rodimus89 Protector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Offer $50 thats it.

13. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

I wouldn't pay the $125 for it personally.

14. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    i would pay $70 tops for it .

15. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    There's some good figures in there, but without being able to tell if they're complete, there's no way to know what they're worth. $125 seems a bit much to me for what are essentially Armada/Energon garage sale finds. All the G1 stuff I see there was reissued except for Topspin, I think, so there's that as well, since I can't tell if they're original from this pic alone.

16. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    I don't think Grimlock has been reissued either (unless I missed it - I don't keep up with reissues really), although there are knock-offs about. Maybe Grimlock and Topspin are promising (although not confirming) indicators the other G1 figures are possibly vintage too.
    Funnily enough, and on a side tangent, I got vintage Topspin and Grimlock from a car boot sale a few weeks back for 10p each.

I suppose at least kudos to the seller for laying the figures out well enough that we can tell who they are, but a closer shot might've been nicer to better gauge quality/completeness etc.

17. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

Looks worth it. I can see G1 Grimlock, G1 Soundwave, G1 Thundercracker, G1 Dirge (No wings), G1 Topspin, G1 Ironhide (Though that may just be his Combat Deck), Energon Optimus Prime and his Super Mode vehicles, Ruination (one of the Redecos of G1 Bruticus), G1 Shrapnel, 2 Different UT Megatrons, Crossovers Obi-Wan, G1 Optimus Prime, Armada Optimus Prime and his trailer, Armada Starscream, Armada Cyclonus, and a whole mess of Minicons.

18. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    I can see his chest windscreen and wheels on the lower side so the body part is there too.