Customs: Need help with photographs!

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by InFluenc3, Aug 21, 2009.

1. InFluenc3

InFluenc3 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hello everyone! I need some assistance taking photos with a not so terrific camera. The brightness seems either too strong or weak. Tried multiple backgrounds but still no luck. Please assist!

2. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    If you're looking to take some decent pictures without a light box or anything like that, just get some nice lighting (I picked up a sunlight desk lamp at Home Depot that is about as close to natural sunlight as you can get with a lamp). A nice background and better lighting should help your pictures look better (also, check for a macro setting on your digital camera--this will allow for clearer, better up-close shots).

Trust me when I say that this light and a better backdrop actually helped my pictures look better (I've only snapped one gallery with this setup so far--my Universe Scourge gallery). But if you compare it to my other galleries, you'll see just how much better it looks (it's still not pro quality or anything like that, but it shows much more detail and better overall lighting than a simple camera flash or overhead room lighting can give). If you're interested in getting a light similar to mine, it was around $20 ($11 for an extra replacement bulb) and it adjusts and extends in various ways (basically it lets you angle the light above your work, to the side, and lower it or raise it to the desired length. In all honesty, I want a couple more so I can build a nice light box/tent and use these as my lighting around it. I believe the brand name was Hampton Bay or something like that (I'll have to check later).

Anyway, good luck with your pics, man.

3. Napjr

Napjr <b><font color=gold>Mr. Internet</font><br><font c Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You can always try to take pics outside with just direct sunlight, that gave me nice results years ago when i took pics with a cheap portable webcam

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    *looks to the right at the Tutorials section*

5. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    yes, we have multiple photograph related tutorials.