Need help with Leader Starscream

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by longhorn35, Dec 29, 2010.

1. longhorn35

longhorn35 40 Something Fan

During transformation to F-22 mode the rear piece that has the two tail fins will not snap into place... It just keeps unsnapping when attempted. It makes it where I cannot display it in the alt mode... Anyone have any suggestions.

FWIW i believe that there is not enough clearence in the spaces alotted to so it pushes this piece up rather than letting it sit flush.

2. Charsiupao

Charsiupao Well-Known Member

Check if you have the hands positioned correctly - the tailfin should close over the back of the hands (which means the fingers are facing down). You also need to look from the side and see if the whole arm/shoulder piece is straightly aligned with the body or not - sometimes when you fold the arms in the little piece (where the small foldable part of the back wing is connected to) is not perfectly straight. If you see any pieces at a slight angle, try and straighten them out. Finally, make sure you've locked both elbows together and have one nice straight solid piece beneath the tailfin piece and it should snap into place. Not easily, but with a bit of pressure here and there, especially where it locks into the elbows towards the rear of the plane, it should fit snugly.

3. amethysted

amethysted Well-Known Member

Yea, I do it all the time...

Our TFs are designed to fold up into themselves.

If one bit is blocking another, pegs and holes simply wont line up...

Most TFs arent that complicated.

Leader SS is not your aveage TF.

Just take a few steps back and try again.

What a great Transformer...

4. longhorn35

amethysted@msn.com

I agree he is baddass... I have tried going through it multiple times and the tail will not lock down..

Charsiupao

I have everything aligned properly... everything is tabbed and straight but it will not lock down. It is like there is something pushing up against it and will not allow it to lay flat. I will try it again... i hope I did not get a lemon SS...

5. Charsiupao

Mine does stick up a little (a couple of milimetres at most) towards the front where the black joint to the rest of the body is, although back part locks in perfectly. If I push the front down too hard the back will pop up, so I leave it at that. It's not really obvious, though.

6. longhorn35

gonna purchase another leader SS and see if it's me or the 1st one I bought... use the other for display in the robot mode all the time after a quick custom paint job..

7. Charsiupao

Why not get a Masterpiece instead of two Leaders?