Need Help with G1 Blue/Silverstreak Stickers

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Autobot Burnout, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Hey, all. I recieved a minty Re-Issue Silverstreak (the TRU one from around 2002 I think), and while putting the stickers on was very interesting (did Hasbro cut nearly all of them just a bit long for a reason? I don't think I've ever had as much trouble as 'streak's sholder stickers gave me!)

However, I'm left with this little circular sticker that's got the letter "Z" or the letter "N" on it (can't really tell, although I'm thinking it's "Z" because of the Fairlady Z alt. mode). The instructions say that "sticker #1" (according to the sticker sheet) goes somewhere behind the rear wheel-well, but I've looked pratically everywhere online for any image of any Blue/Silverstreak figure with that odd letter circle on it, and I have not found one image that helps answer my question!

Does anybody have a clue as to where that sticker goes?

2. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

When in doubt, go straight to the source. :) 

[​IMG]

This is a vintage 1970 Nissan Fairlady Z. As you can probably tell by this photo, that circular sticker you have is actually supposed to go on the front hood, as it's actually the car's hood insignia (or a cheap-looking, lawyer-friendly modified version thereof since the right to the use "Fairlady Z" name and associated materials probably expired a long time ago). It corresponds to the location for Sticker #15 on Prowl:

[​IMG]

Whoever did the sticker layout for Bluestreak's sheet wasn't paying attention: he decided to place an Autobot logo on the front hood where the circular sticker's supposed to be but didn't actually omit the circular sticker from the sheet, so it's technically just an artifact. No wonder you couldn't figure it out. The more you get into collecting vintage G1 or reissues, the more you'll notice these screw-ups. :) 

3. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Thanks!:D  I guess I'll just put it on the bumper right in front of the chest Autobot logo, then, since I've already put the Autobot symbol down.

4. G1Decepticons

G1Decepticons Banned

That is prowl but i guess he is the same model as bluestreak.

5. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Um...they're actually 99% the exact same toy. Only real difference outside of the colors and stickers is that Prowl has a lightbar and Blue/Silverstreak doesn't.

Smokescreen is also from that same mold, but he's more extensively retooled.

So, if you were wondering why Universe/Classics Prowl, Silverstreak, and Smokescreen were all repaints/slight retools of the same mold, that's why.

6. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

Um...yes, yes it is. Since Prowl had a similar label sheet as Bluestreak, I was just using it to show where the small circular is supposed to go. Notice how the circular sticker Autobot Burnout was referring to is actually placed on the front part of the hood while the Autobot insignia is off center to the left with Prowl as opposed to its dead center placement with Bluestreak.